Is the Dome open on Sunday? | Syracusefan.com

Is the Dome open on Sunday?

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
I left my phone next to my seat. I am very careless and I feel I kind of deserve it. Anyway, I can’t even find a phone number for Dome Security. Any suggestions appreciated. Maybe a good person will find it!

-Bummed Beadle :(

I left my phone next to my seat. I am very careless and I feel I kind of deserve it. Anyway, I can’t even find a phone number for Dome Security. Any suggestions appreciated. Maybe a good person will find it!

That reminds me that not terribly long ago I left my laptop at the airport after losing my virginity during the TSA groping(I opt out of the scanner even though the photos are supposedly no longer non nude after that got exposed, as explained to me by the groper. Not joking, the groping got worse about a year ago, the loins you said you girded are now stroked horizontally and vertically).

TSA actually did well in keeping it on hand for me, so if they can do well, I want to encourage you that your fellow SU fans can as well and try to help you feel a bit better for the time being.

I would call stadium control and start there.

443-4221

If someone turns it in, it'll probably be at customer service.
It is snuggled between my seat and my daughter’s. It is still there because Laura has me on Find My Phone. I called that number but no one answers. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks!

Hopefully the cleaning crew leaves it alone.

If they don't, I suppose that find my phone thing BBB mentioned will at least let their bosses know it wasn't another fan who grabbed it, and might possibly lead to a happy ending(not the Patriot's owner Robert Kraft variety).

Thats was your phone?!?!

what was that lesson?
leave your lost phone on vibrate.

indiana-fan-underwear.jpg

LMAO...is this an actually pic or an epic photo shop job?

It was an EPIC thread on here about an Indiana fan(not sure if you gathered that from the previous reply) who came to the game. Someone else could bump the thread for you, but even if I wanted to the last time I did with an old thread it got unbumped due to that apparently being against the rules, even though I was actually replying with content and not simply bumping.

To the best of my recollection(which isn't always my strong suit), I will attempt to answer what nobody else has so far:

The fan turned out to be rather distraught over her team losing, and apparently was even more overconfident than a good number of members here have been about how good their team was in the early season(although maybe not, possibly just expressed her displeasure in a different way).. I believe the OP let it be known the person was an Indiana fan, so after that it was open season on her. Heaven knows what might have happened if it had been a UConn fan! The photo, originally posted on here, then was picked up by national media and the mockery was as well. We truly are pioneers, at least in the field of mockery.

The fan was later exposed as having some sort of mental/emotional diagnosis(although a pretty decent percentage of the nation does, and many more fit the criteria for at least one of them within the DSM-V guidelines, and I'm talking about folks whom are deemed as "normal"). Maybe it was thought that that after all of that public shaming that sharing what HIPAA laws were made to keep private would actually be a help rather than a harm by that point.. I don't fault the board member who was sitting near her and posted it originally, as it was a rather epically unique game event, and I doubt he could foresee the chain of events that happened afterward, and he literally may have "won the internet" for a couple of days, while some on here put much more effort into winning a foregettable thread. I'm not even sure if I fault the media outlet that originally picked it up, as they were doing the job they are paid to do. I'd focus more on the root, what our society has become, and the establishment media in general for more than helping it do so.

RMH, I hope that answers most of your question.

But to show I can still remember when it was funny at the beginning of the thread, I'll say that the now ironic joke I made about 12 or so hours ago about strip poker being a possible reason JB showed up to the presser without a jacket and tie and shirt untucked would not make him the first person to have done so in the Dome. Unlike her, JB won't be required to answer questions about his partial disrobing last night...although I wish the local media had the thick skin of some of the members on here who I admire for theirs, and had done so, maybe in a joking manner.

To add a little more humor to mitigate some of this post for anyone reading other than the person I whose question I was answering, I want to ask BBallBeadle (who should now see that I tagged her) if this was really the reason she left her phone there last night? ;) I meanthings did look pretty grim, for a bit, and she did say she thought the winning basket missed as well.

This is one of those stories I wish there was a follow up to with a happy ending, like there was to this one with the 2 year old who smoked 40 cigarettes per day, and if anyone found any of my words sanctimonious, the shock story ABC news did on him shortly afterward was over the top and took advantage of the ignorance of it's viewers, unlike my recollections. I think the follow up was when he was a preteen, and he was at the top of his class in school, allegedly. This is the original, only about 1 minute long for those who have not seen it, and the smoking baby looks like he has more manual dexterity than some SU players!(and possibly more charisma than Coach Boeheim). Someone did joke that Marek needed a cigarette break in the 2nd half, so maybe this kid could have showed him how it's done!

Last edited:
Glad you found it. Did you stay for the game today? Pretty huge win ACC network ticker just said it’s the first over a top 5 team since 1996.
I WISH I had stayed for the game! We have company coming next weekend, and an old sectional sofa going out, new one coming in, family room in chaos, waterbed sprung a leak, and I haven’t done anything today I thought I would do! D’oh! I did watch the last half of the women’s game on tv, though, and what a game! The women’s team has been all over the map but this was a great victory against #5 Louisville. An omen, perhaps?

Captain J, I can’t even begin to understand what you were asking me up above - ha ha! - and will simply say that I was overwhelmed by the unexpected victory, lost my mind, left the phone, found my mind, and then found the phone. :)

I WISH I had stayed for the game! We have company coming next weekend, and an old sectional sofa going out, new one coming in, family room in chaos, waterbed sprung a leak, and I haven’t done anything today I thought I would do! D’oh! I did watch the last half of the women’s game on tv, though, and what a game! The women’s team has been all over the map but this was a great victory against #5 Louisville. An omen, perhaps?

Captain J, I can’t even begin to understand what you were asking me up above - ha ha! - and will simply say that I was overwhelmed by the unexpected victory, lost my mind, left the phone, found my mind, and then found the phone. :)
Waterbed? Throwback;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom