is the FBI investigation into NCAA Hoops doomed? | Syracusefan.com

is the FBI investigation into NCAA Hoops doomed?

Shark58

BANNED
Exclusive: Has FBI agent's misconduct put NCAA probe at risk?

This is how Emmert will skate and Pitino will coach again!!!

mark-emmert1.jpg

'Merica

Just because the FBI investigation is in difficulty, it doesn't.mean everyone will skate. As long as the Feds are willing to make public the dirt they have uncovered, the NCAA won't have any options in how they proceed. And, fortunately, the standards of evidence for the NCAA are not nearly as rigorous as those of a Federal court. The NCAA's problem has always been the lack of subpoena power. The real benefits of the investigations were always going to be realized when, or if, the details were made public. Hopefully, that will still happen regardless of whether there are any indictments.

Just because the FBI investigation is in difficulty, it doesn't.mean everyone will skate. As long as the Feds are willing to make public the dirt they have uncovered, the NCAA won't have any options in how they proceed. And, fortunately, the standards of evidence for the NCAA are not nearly as rigorous as those of a Federal court. The NCAA's problem has always been the lack of subpoena power. The real benefits of the investigations were always going to be realized when, or if, the details were made public. Hopefully, that will still happen regardless of whether there are any indictments.

But is it clear that the NCAA truly wants to deal with any of this (see UNC), especially if it is as pervasive as some have suggested?

Yes. This is money changing hands. They may pull a Cam Newton and say the players didn’t know, but this isn’t vague “course requirements” or “other students took them, too” stuff. This goes to the heart of amateurism. What they really need to do is ban all traveling teams for all sports unless your HS doesn’t sponsor a team.

But will the NCAA say they have to do their own investigation? I mean, who believes the FBI these days? Oh Lord

But will the NCAA say they have to do their own investigation? I mean, who believes the FBI these days? Oh Lord
It’s really hard to dispute the wiretap transcripts. They have a lot to smack people with already.

It's true the FBI has good evidence. I just have little confidence that the NCAA will use all of it rather than do a little cherry picking so they don't hurt their pets too much.
Sad that I have to think that of a group that is run for the benefit of our universities and monitored by presidents of those institutions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom