Is the NCAA trolling us? | Syracusefan.com

Is the NCAA trolling us?

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
  • Says we're last team in
  • Gives us a play-in game
  • Winner gets Dixon, our favorite 6th player (and King of the illegal screen offense)
  • Winner gets Sparty in Detroit (Home Game - 2000 anyone?)
  • Winner gets Puke
Or are they like "oh shite, we owe Syracuse one, but we'll make it really hard on them, just because" ?

WORD

Jason Spears:

Thompson leaves, Thorpe quits, Washington tears ACL, Moyer gets high ankle sprain & is about 75%, Sidibe knee issues & is about 75%, Chukwu w back issues, Frank w a injured wrist. Considering that, somehow this team won 20 & made the tournament. Never been so proud of a Cuse team.

Syracuse (20-13) sos: 18 rpi: 45
ND(19-14) sos: 45 rpi: 70

Head-to-head won’t matter with # disparity this great.

I guess so...but I’m sure it came up when discussing us vs them. And they beat us w/out their two best players...I’m sure their fan base in cursing at us.

I guess so...but I’m sure it came up when discussing the last two teams! And they beat us w/out their two best players...I’m sure their fan base in cursing at us.
O they are lol.

We can lose on Wednesday and Jim Boeheim should get a lot of credit for making this team a tournament team.
Positive momentum for the program.
I will say if we switched with Saint Bonaventure I could see a path to the Elite Eight.

I guess so...but I’m sure it came up when discussing us vs them. And they beat us w/out their two best players...I’m sure their fan base in cursing at us.
Then explain Okie vs Okie state.

• Winner gets Dixon, our favorite 6th player (and King of the illegal screen offense)
  • Winner gets Puke
Or are they like "oh shite, we owe Syracuse one, but we'll make it really hard on them, just because" ?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say a random Sweet 16 game from 18 years ago never got brought up in the committees discussion.

I’m sure their fanbase is a bunch of lame gingers.

If anything, I am surprised they put Duke and Michigan St as a 2/3 in the same group. Whomever was 6/11 in the reason was not going to get any favours.

And finally we can say Duke did not get a great draw.

3 hours ago.

“Now way we get in this year.”

Now

“Did the committee just screw us?”

gift_horse.jpg

From our favorite Pat Forde
Louisville out. USC out. Oklahoma State out. What do they have in common? Part of the federal investigation of college hoops.
I guess, but so was Auburn and Miami. If that's what the last straw was, then I get it, but it's not like other teams involved in that mess got dinged. Arizona's AsstC is facing 60 years in prison and their HC is supposedly on a call talking money ... they're a 4 with a decent path.

• Winner gets Puke
Shouldn't the last team in have a tough draw? Are they supposed to go out of their way to find favorable matchups for us?

Last edited:
doubt it

Sorry, newbie. But it was. I'm one of the more sarcastic people on here. Ask anyone who has been around here since the Stone Age. The board is so serious now that we have to use a damn font for people to get the joke.

I was simply pointing out the irony of the whole situation.

Shouldn't the last team in have a tough draw? Are they supposed to go out of their way to fimd favorable matchups for us?

No. It's the historical ironies. Dayton. Dixon. Sparty in Detroit. The fact that we made it in and set the talking heads on self destruct. It's like everything Syracuse rolled up into one package. I didn't expect to get in at all, but had to laugh when I saw the brackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom