Is there a record of what schools voted down the ESPN TV proposal??? | Syracusefan.com

Is there a record of what schools voted down the ESPN TV proposal???

Jake

Mod
I mean if the conference had agreed to the numbers that were put on the table from ESPN...wouldn't the conference have instantly stabilized?

I take it that we voted yes, but which schools voted no? Seems to be the most underreported story of realignment.

Supposedly Pernetti was the ringleader of the 'take it out on the open market' camp. Not sure who else was with him. Pitt, I thought I heard, but could be wrong.

I mean if the conference had agreed to the numbers that were put on the table from ESPN...wouldn't the conference have instantly stabilized?

I take it that we voted yes, but which schools voted no? Seems to be the most underreported story of realignment.
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/06/06/In-Depth/Rights-Fees.aspx

Presidents from Georgetown, Notre Dame, Rutgers and Seton Hall voted against the deal, sources said. Others, including Pittsburgh and West Virginia, also were vocal skeptics of the deal, preferring to wait and see what the open market would bring once ESPN’s deals ended, following the 2013-14 football season. Still, the presidents voted 12-4 to accept its broad outlines

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/06/06/In-Depth/Rights-Fees.aspx

Presidents from Georgetown, Notre Dame, Rutgers and Seton Hall voted against the deal, sources said. Others, including Pittsburgh and West Virginia, also were vocal skeptics of the deal, preferring to wait and see what the open market would bring once ESPN’s deals ended, following the 2013-14 football season. Still, the presidents voted 12-4 to accept its broad outlines

Why would ND have been allowed to vote...ND is a blemish on the BE in that it is plays a major role in the football/bball split...and it has a deal with NBC sports...a rival to ESPN...seems like an issue to me.

Why would ND have been allowed to vote...ND is a blemish on the BE in that it is plays a major role in the football/bball split...and it has a deal with NBC sports...a rival to ESPN...seems like an issue to me.
I was thinking the same thing about Seton Hall - the fact that they had an equal vote to that of the football schools is just pathetic - Seton Hall has absolutely no business being associated with a BCS level athletic conference - they belong in the MAAC for crying out loud :bang:

Seriously Unreal, as aptly stated above ND had a huge conflict of interest. Would a 12-3 vote have passed? Now why is this story getting no play?

I can confirm that ND and Pitt were two that voted NO to the TV contract. SU was pushing heavily for people to sign it. I was surprised when I heard Pitt was a major player in voting it down.

Hell hath no fury like a network scorned.

JB's statement addressed these issues after Swarbrick complained about SU , Pitt leavingthe Big East and questioning SU's loyalty stating how he was "mystified" that they didn't care about their conference brethern. JB quickly responded asking why ND was allowed a vote, questioned why the ESPN contract was voted down and how ND could have easily saved the conference by joining in football if they cared about the Big East.

I can confirm that ND and Pitt were two that voted NO to the TV contract. SU was pushing heavily for people to sign it. I was surprised when I heard Pitt was a major player in voting it down.

But that's not what the articles says. Pitt eventually voted for it.