Is there anychance this isnt a close game tonight? | Syracusefan.com

Is there anychance this isnt a close game tonight?

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
This isnt the weekly I have a bad feeling or I am worried thread but based on our history versus Pitt in the Jamie Dixon era and how desperate Pitt is for a win I am expecting a rockfight tonight. Id love to come out and put this thing to bed in the first half and really put a Seton Hall type beatdown on them but something tells me this will be a lot closer then it should be. That beign said I will take a 1pt win any win over Pitt. A loss tonight would be unacceptable

No chance at all. The most complete win this season. If you don't think these guys feel as if they owe Pitt a good 'ole behind the woodshed arse whoopin then you are mistaken. They are going to be like a pittbull on a steak tonight. Defense is going to be nasty. I do understand where your coming from.

Hate to raise this issue but...I think a lot will depend on how the game is officiated (and who is officiating). Karl Hess did our last two games against Pitt and somehow we were called for more fouls in both, despite Pitt's style. I'm hoping not see Marquette's 2nd half strategy of taking it inside every play and fouling out our big guys while Pitt gets away with clutching and grabbing every play.

Still, things couldn't possibly set up in our favor any better to finally get Pitt this year, so if it doesn't happen I really don't know what to think.

Only if Pitt continues to turn the ball over and we continue to capitalize on so many gimme buckets...

Hate to raise this issue but...I think a lot will depend on how the game is officiated (and who is officiating). Karl Hess did our last two games against Pitt and somehow we were called for more fouls in both, despite Pitt's style.

Anyone know who is officiating tonight?

I am hoping like crazy that this is a beat down for the ages. I refuse to get suckered into thinking we will win though. Too many games we should have won against them in the past 5 - 10 and flat out, we don't win games against Pitt. This will be a one possession game or we lose by 7 - 10 points (i.e. par).

Hate to raise this issue but...I think a lot will depend on how the game is officiated (and who is officiating). Karl Hess did our last two games against Pitt and somehow we were called for more fouls in both, despite Pitt's style. I'm hoping not see Marquette's 2nd half strategy of taking it inside every play and fouling out our big guys while Pitt gets away with clutching and grabbing every play.

Still, things couldn't possibly set up in our favor any better to finally get Pitt this year, so if it doesn't happen I really don't know what to think.

I think you touched on a lot of the concerns I have for this game or better yet the conditions that Pitt would need to keep it close or even pull the upset. Fab getting in Foul trouble and PItt playing that grab clutch style that causes us to shoot like we did for the first 10 min of the Prov game concern me the most.