Is this the future of SU hoops..... | Syracusefan.com

Is this the future of SU hoops.....

DonLightfoot

All Conference
..... and NCAA basketball in general?

- Streaming games.
- Broadcasters in studio.
- Prerecorded halftime reports with no discussion of the game being watched.

Obviously not every game, but this sucks.

... and NCAA basketball in general?

- Streaming games.

We could go back to the game of the week days?

... and NCAA basketball in general?

- Streaming games.

I’m more concerned that JB sees a future without the fast break and is ok with this. Give me vintage Syracuse and I’ll listen on the radio and catch the tape delay the next morning on channel 13.

I’m more concerned that JB sees a future without the fast break
Without the what??? Fast break?????

But back to the thread.
Things will be done ever more on the cheap as long as there's a relatively small audience.
Cut costs, maximize profit.
After all, where else are fans going to go to see the game?

Without the what??? Fast break?????

But back to the thread.
Things will be done ever more on the cheap as long as there's a relatively small audience.
Cut costs, maximize profit.
After all, where else are fans going to go to see the game?
He was just playing six degrees of bashing Boeheim.

I see every game, I live outside Denver. I’d watch if they didn’t have announcers and frankly I didn’t know they weren’t on site until hours after the game and clicked on the thread.

On a random Tuesday where this is probably 45+ games going on, most of which are on ESPN3, it just doesn't make sense to have "in-studio" analysts for all of those games. But if you watched a game on FS1, ESPN or ESPN2 last night, you would see the halftime show in which they discuss the game - which makes sense.

I agree that having the color commentator not in the stadium is bizarre though.

Wasn't there a game where the audio cut out this year?? And the general consensus was positive... Maybe last year.

Yes, and I meant to mention this again. When you talk about cutting costs & enhancing fan experience I think the announcers need to get cut from all but the biggest games. Do more with on screen stats and figures.

One of the things that annoyed me this year was the display for score/time out/possession/fouls for each team. Some of the info rotates or is unreadable. The design is awful.

For me, I want announcers in amateur sports like the Olympics or college sports that aren't as professionalized as men's football and basketball. I don't know why

Yes, and I meant to mention this again. When you talk about cutting costs & enhancing fan experience I think the announcers need to get cut from all but the biggest games. Do more with on screen stats and figures.

One of the things that annoyed me this year was the display for score/time out/possession/fouls for each team. Some of the info rotates or is unreadable. The design is awful.

For me, I want announcers in amateur sports like the Olympics or college sports that aren't as professionalized as men's football and basketball. I don't know why
Amen about the unreadable and often irrelevant graphics.
Aside from score, time & shot clock they should be kept to a minimum.
Personal and team fouls become relevant later in the game.

TV should be BIG and BOLD...show us what we couldn't otherwise see.
Let us watch the game!

The problem with announcers is that there are so few really good ones.
Too many ex-players who don't shut up and rarely say anything relevant.
Too many unprepared or screaming PBP guys (Yes, this means Gus Johnson).
One major reason for this is that there are now so many games available to watch that real talent (which comes from some combination of Personality, Preparation and Practice), is spread very thin.

As mentioned the other day, it may be worthwhile turning down the TV sound and tuning in WAER online.
Some of the SU students are pretty good.
You do get some who are just learning the basics...but that's still better than a lot of the pros.

welcome to life among the unwashed and unranked . top tier gets first class. we're in coach.

(and coach is oddly enuf the rather befitting term )

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom