Is this the worst NCAA Tournament ever? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is this the worst NCAA Tournament ever?

The reliance on the 3 has made the play inconsistent. If the underdog is making 3's the games are close and if not the favorite is usually winning easily. As the top seeds start playing each other hopefully the games get more competitive.

Thu-Sat seemed incredibly boring to me.....I enjoyed the slate of games on Sunday (except for the the last set).

Iowa/Auburn and Duke/UCF were great - even if I didn't enjoy the result of either one.

Usually more of the teams in the 3/4 seed range range struggle in the first few rounds, allowing for more potential major upsets. Those teams were generally impressive in not only the first but the second round. The big positive is that with the 3 and 4 seed teams playing well, the sweet 16 should be really competitive, and quite open.

This year the following have been generally rolling:
Houston won by an average of 22
Purdue won by an average of 20.
Florida St won by an average of 18
Texas Tech won by an average of 18
Virginia Tech won by an average of 12

And while Kansas lost as a 4, the 5 seed that beat them, Auburn, could be an interesting test for UNC>

I am really looking forward to the Thursday and Friday games.

Last edited:
30 second clock has made the game so much better

Would be better if college went to the nba style reduced shot clock on offensive rebounds

This is the age old question. Upsets equal excitement but down the road in the tournament they kind of hurt everything. For example, you can have UCF defeat Duke and all that comes with it. The huge upset, all the David slays Goliath stories, etc. Problem with that is then you have UCF playing in the Sweet 16. Put aside all the Duke hate. Would you rather see UCF vs Michigan St on Sunday for a trip to the Final Four or Duke vs Michigan State?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom