Is Villanova really 1 seed good? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is Villanova really 1 seed good?

In the past absolutely not. This year? Probably. Plenty of flawed teams out there.
They have a beast in the middle that may give them a different outcome this year.

I can't believe nobody has asked the seemingly important question to this board: Is 'Nova more elite than us as of now? ;) Can their tournament results change that?
No. That was Nova's first BET title since 1995. They have been to 2 Final Fours since 1984 in the 64 team ERA. We have been to 4 Final Four's and have more BET titles by far. Hell 05 and 06 equal their entire total. We are more elite than Nova. We help fillup their arena for their home games. I respect the Nova program greatly but their are a tier below us.

You just helped back my point in the "SU elite" thread about the criteria of determination of such.

(the rest of this is more toward everyone) On a different note, I have no urge to root against them. They weren't the ones fleeing the Big East for the dollar.

As for close games, I seem to remember UK having a number of them, so I'm not sure Nova can be written off using that logic.

Nova didn't have a major football program or stadium, so there was no money for them to run to.

Nova didn't have a major football program or stadium, so there was no money for them to run to.

It's a good thing our justice system doesn't use these kind of comparisons to excuse wrongdoing.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
Villanova has made mince meat out of the entire Big East. Cats will enter the NCAAs at 32-2. Best chance to return to Final Four since 2009.

Can someone on Twitter make sure this gets retweeted back to Rothstein and tell him he knows NOTHING about basketball? Actually, maybe he was right. This might have been their best chance. Unfortunately, that was exactly slim to none.

Can someone on Twitter make sure this gets retweeted back to Rothstein and tell him he knows NOTHING about basketball? Actually, maybe he was right. This might have been their best chance. Unfortunately, that was exactly slim to none.
I've been objectively following Rothstein for years. He's actually clueless and a bad dude taboot. Too bad

Jay Wright might be Mr. GQ and all that but he can't coach a team in the tournament. Rollie Massamino isn't walking through that door and the Cat that had the most today was Cat Barber. Nova and by association, the Big East was exposed today.

Gotta wonder what that 32-2 would have equated to in the ACC... 26-8 would be my guess.

We flat outplayed them at their place and I just can't get that game out of mind when I hear they are a 1 seed.
I mean I like Jay Wright but they just look like a paper tiger. That team wouldn't be ahead of Kentucky, Duke, UVA, Arizona, Wisconsin for me

I just see them losing in the 2nd round or sweet 16. Just watch how we played them defensively and they can be beaten.

I had them going down today, but to LSU.

I had them going down today, but to LSU.
I had the same thing. I had LSU over Nova because I thought their talent would beat NC State. When I saw the brackets announced I thought both LSU or NC State were bad matchups for Nova 2nd round. This upset really wasn't shocking.

Not to knock, but nobody is going to care about the difference of nova getting knocked in 32 vs us getting knocked out in the round of 16 alot.
Just saying, we have our share of humility as well.

Alsacs said:
I had the same thing. I had LSU over Nova because I thought their talent would beat NC State. When I saw the brackets announced I thought both LSU or NC State were bad matchups for Nova 2nd round. This upset really wasn't shocking.

That upset only happened because Nova had 3 players brick more than a dozen 3's. 0 for the game.

That upset only happened because Nova had 3 players brick more than a dozen 3's. 0 for the game.
I think NC State has to get some credit for this. They didn't let many Nova shooters catch and shoot. Hillard ball fake a lot and made shots, Arcidiacino and Ennis both stunk. I give NC State credit for that.

Unfortunately some in the media still don't get that the Big East isn't the same Big East.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom