It’s Official… | Syracusefan.com

It’s Official…

Football has surpassed basketball again at Syracuse University.
No it hasn't and I don't believe it ever will. Nice win last night. Let's leave it at that and get ready for next week. Since the US Open is on, to quote Johnny Mac, "You cannot be serious!"

Yeah I don’t get why it has to be a competition. Why can’t we want ALL SU sports to succeed? How about we strive to be an all sports school?
Not my point.

MBB is RAPIDLY declining and FB has more potential to succeed in the ACC.

Not my point.

The thing with b-ball is that could turn around in one season.

But even with the worst team most of us have ever seen at SU last year, they haven’t had the b-ball equivalent of a 1-10 season or anything. Program still gets lots of respect nationwide.

The thing with b-ball is that could turn around in one season.

But even with the worst team most of us have ever seen at SU last year, they haven’t had the b-ball equivalent of a 1-10 season or anything. Program still gets lots of respect nationwide.
The MBB program hasn’t been nationally ranked in the final AP poll in 9 years. It hasn’t been ranked at all in the past three seasons. It is not a nationally relevant program right now.

Still a Top 10 brand according to that recent poll in another thread. Hopefully basketball, football, lax, and all other teams can get to a consistent level of success that they have in the past at the same time.

Not my point.

If the decline had actually been rapid you might have a point. This gradual decline is what has actually normalized it in too many eyes.

But hey, let’s get ahead of ourselves about football first.

The MBB program hasn’t been nationally ranked in the final AP poll in 9 years. It hasn’t been ranked at all in the past three seasons. It is not a nationally relevant program right now.

Was also in the sweet 16, 2 years ago…..

Small talk a few weeks ago with the Uber driver taking me to the airport, mention I’m from Syracuse…..he brings up SU basketball, Boeheim, the Dome, etc. Never fails if you wear SU gear out of town or tell someone you’re from Syracuse. The brand is respected.

This post has been made in September each year the last 5 or 6 seasons. Loved the win last night, but it will always be harder for the football program to succeed in this environment than the basketball program. Even being down the basketball program signs higher level talent than the football program does on an annual basis.

Football has surpassed basketball again at Syracuse University.
They’ve won 11 games the past 3 years and only 5 in conference, can we get to October before we make crazy statements? And what’s this “again”? Again when? When was the last time the football team was better than the basketball team for a consistent basis? Mid 90s? 80s. H0t

They’ve won 11 games the past 3 years and only 5 in conference, can we get to October before we make crazy statements? And what’s this “again”? Again when? When was the last time the football team was better than the basketball team for a consistent basis? Mid 90s? 80s. H0t
I think there’s a few football only’s who hate the basketball only’s so they respond by….being football only’s.

Lol.

I think there’s a few football only’s who hate the basketball only’s so they respond by….being football only’s.

Lol.
I watch probably 90% of the games live, I don’t post on the football side because their more crazy than the basketball onlys, at least basketball has a track record within the past 25 years.

Lol.
For the record, I am not a “basketball only” or a “football only”. I’m a concerned alum that is watching the basketball program decline precipitously; and nothing being done to stop it. I am also seeing a football program that is building something that could be sustainable if external forces (poaching coaches with $, NIL situation, conference alignment) don’t have too large an impact.