It doesn't appear that Trevor Cooney is going to be knocking off any | Syracusefan.com

It doesn't appear that Trevor Cooney is going to be knocking off any

CaliCuse

All American
of GMAC's 3 point records any time soon. Allowing for recovery of his operation of course but I don't see any of the skill yet to come just yet.

well, if he's talking about career 3-pointers, he's right. the clock is ticking real fast on that one.

He has little chance of breaking GMAC's record for missed 3 pointers, either, nyuk nyuk.

Whether or not he reaches the career 3 pointers mark comes down to playing time. And, with the guards we have coming in, it doesn't look like he'll get minutes like Gerry did. However, he will probably shoot a higher percentage and I see him beating Rautins' mark for made 3's.

of GMAC's 3 point records any time soon. Allowing for recovery of his operation of course but I don't see any of the skill yet to come just yet.
absurd comment

Not a higher % when it comes to clutch time. Gmac had icewater in his veins, probably from all that fishing when he could have been pumping in the gym.

Not a higher % when it comes to clutch time. Gmac had icewater in his veins, probably from all that fishing when he could have been pumping in the gym.
And how did you prematurely determine that?

Perhap's I'm wrong. Will you take even money?

We're talking about 3 games played in his career and you already labeled him, 3 games!

I disagree. We just saw that kid from Grinnell take 71 threes in a game. Let's say Trevor conservatively gets up 60 attempts a game from now until BE play, then he is limited to 50 shots a game from there on. If he can hit 40% I can see him getting to 400 made threes easily by the the BET.

I hope he does break the record but the reason I don't think he will break the record is we have so many different options for scoring. When gmac was here after melo left he was a huge part of our offense. I don't think that is the case anymore for us with one or two solid scorers.

Perhap's I'm wrong. Will you take even money?
He probably wont play in as many nail biters. We're a better team and will continue to be a better team than gerry's final three years teams.

You two stated the obvious, Cooney will never get the chance that GMac got. However, you spoiled any chance I have to fleece Albany. Thanks alot.

I like to base everything off of insanely limited sample sizes, too.

Along those same lines if thinking. From what I have seen of Roberson playing college ball, I highly doubt he will be scoring many points for us.

It's funny - I completely agree that we shouldn't make premature judgements about Trevor Cooney (or any player) after only a few games... but wasn't there a long thread a couple weeks ago just tearing Nerlens Noel apart based on his performance in his first ever college game vs. Maryland?

I'm more concerned about TC's all-around game - his ability to be the third guard in the rotation. Ball security and defense. If he can't perform against Princeton, how will he perform against Louisville? What will we do if BT or MCW get into foul trouble, or injured? Or if BT disappears in games as he has in prior years? Or if MCW can't handle the defensive pressure of Louisville, or Pitt for 40 minutes? MCW has seen little or no crunch time conference minutes.

I'm not trying to wet the bed, but these are legitimate questions. Right now, we are relatively vulnerable at the guard spots, and college basketball is guard-oriented. Just sayin'.

And how did you prematurely determine that?
Its called observation. I ain'tseen nothing yet Maybe its coming later but not yet.:noidea:Don't take it personally

Its called observation. I ain'tseen nothing yet Maybe its coming later but not yet.:noidea:Don't take it personally

How much have you seen of him? Every year, you present a heisman trophy to a new recruit on the football team without seeing him play a down of football. Why don't you give the kid a chance. He has had limited playing time thus far.

little gerry shot it around 35% deep. he's ranked 18th on the list of SU shooters 3pt%. that's behind triche,scoop and yes...
mookie jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom