It looks like if us, UVA or maybe Duke win the ACCT we will get the last number one seed. | Syracusefan.com

It looks like if us, UVA or maybe Duke win the ACCT we will get the last number one seed.

strumpfasaurus

2nd String
UNC, IMO has too many bad losses. It looks like Florida, Wichita State, and Zona are locks. Maybe if Wisconsin wins their tournament. If Kansas gets it with like 8-9 losses in the regular season then I think I am done with college basketball forever.

Duke has no chance. Virginia will get it if they win out.

IMO Villanova will be a #1 seed if they win the BE tourney

us,virginia,Kansas, Wisconsin or nova if they won bigeast tourney

I actually don't mind us getting a 2 seed as long as we are not in Floridas bracket which shouldn't happen. Zona, the mighty Shockers, and all the other possible one seeds I think we can beat. Florida scares me.

There's a lot that can happen in the next 8 days. We're in much better position than people here would lead you to believe, especially because there's going to be so many upsets.

UNC winning tonight would be HUGE.
UVA losing anytime between now and SS would be huge (especially if we beat them.)
Kansas getting blown out by WV is HUGE.

A LOT of basketball still left to be played. At the end of the day, I see us as the #2 in the East with more than a puncher's chance to get the #1 in the East.

Our position doesn't really bother me, the way we are playing right now does though

It's gonna get better. The worst is over. Grant will be back, and we'll be fine. I actually feel more confident about our chances going forward because now this team has gone through some adversity, finally.

I'm sorry, but going 25-0 is not battling adversity. Going 25-0 and then going 1-4 and getting back on track IS.

There's a lot that can happen in the next 8 days. We're in much better position than people here would lead you to believe, especially because there's going to be so many upsets.

UNC winning tonight would be HUGE.
UVA losing anytime between now and SS would be huge (especially if we beat them.)
Kansas getting blown out by WV is HUGE.

A LOT of basketball still left to be played. At the end of the day, I see us as the #2 in the East with more than a puncher's chance to get the #1 in the East.
If we don't get the 1 in the East; we have to pray that Duke or UVA doesn't get it either. We need that #2 slot.

Knicks411 said:
Our position doesn't really bother me, the way we are playing right now does though

To me it's all about grant. Between baye and grant we haven't been healthy in a month. If he's close to 100% I'm confident we make a deep run.

jdubs30 said:
If we don't get the 1 in the East; we have to pray that Duke or UVA doesn't get it either. We need that #2 slot.

No way duke can get it, the wake loss maxed them out as a 2. Virginia is the problem, if they win out I'd be shocked if they don't get east 1.

I really don't think it's very important what seed we get. Let's face it we are going to get a decent seed unless we lose out and that isn't going to happen. I'm with the faction that thinks the worst is over and we regroup and make a decent run. The team is either going to get back on track and demonstrate the ability to make plays in close games or it's not.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is that it can't get much worse than we've recently played. If they do get it back on track it will be fun to watch to see how they can do. When they are playing well they can beat anyone. I still believe that. And if they don't... then it just wasn't to be this year and there will be plenty of time to speculate on what happened to the team that was 25-0 and had us all dreaming of Rainbows, Unicorns and National Championships.

I would say it between Wisconsin, Villanova, Syracuse, Virginia. You can eliminate Duke, Kansas at this point.

Many possible scenarios, but I do think Wisconsin is currently the team in control. If they win out, they get the #1. If they lose, many things could happen.

Firstly, of course Grant is huge. The guy is one of our better players, we need him healthy.

I still am not convinced that if we get him back (btw, do we know if he is playing tomorrow?) that its all systems go, but I'd feel a lot better, for sure

7 teams are still realistically alive to some degree for the last 1 seed:
villanova
Wisconsin
Kansas
Virginia
Michigan
Syracuse
Duke

but Wisconsin and Villanova are the only 2 in my eyes that can get it without winning conference tournament

7 teams are still realistically alive to some degree for the last 1 seed:
villanova
Wisconsin
Kansas
Virginia
Michigan
Syracuse
Duke

but Wisconsin and Villanova are the only 2 in my eyes that can get it without winning conference tournament
If Nova/Wiscy get it without winning their conference tourney, that means every team you listed will also lose in their conference tourney.

I'd say Nova and Wisconsin are the 2 teams that really control their own destiny with the final 1 seed. But neither will get it without winning their tourney because it's a good bet that Duke/UVA/Cuse will win the ACC; and there's a decent shot Kansas and Michigan could both win their own tourneys. Can't see anyway Nova gets a 1 by losing in the BET if UVA wins the ACC and Kansas wins the B12.

Not sure if it was this thread where I said i didnt think Grant coming back would solve all our problems, and maybe he doesn't solve all of them, but I'm mch more confident right now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom