It sickens me that we have to play @ Pitt not at full strength... | Syracusefan.com

It sickens me that we have to play @ Pitt not at full strength...

RF2044

Living Legend
...just reading that article from their point of view, with their smarmy confidence looking forward to our game after they've struggled in their last 5 games makes me want to see us run them off of the floor.

I know we're going to lose at some point this year, but I hate the thought of them ending our losing streak and knocking us from #1. Hope we rise to the occasion on Wednesday.

Is Keita for sure not playing or you are juat assuming even if he does he won't be 100%?

...just reading that article from their point of view, with their smarmy confidence looking forward to our game after they've struggled in their last 5 games makes me want to see us run them off of the floor.

I know we're going to lose at some point this year, but I hate the thought of them ending our losing streak and knocking us from #1. Hope we rise to the occasion on Wednesday.

But aren't they not at full strength either having lost Durand Johnson (4th leading scorer)?

Yeah I think with them being a little beat up too its the best we could hope for with baye possibly out. Even though id rather be healthy and just wax them too.

But aren't they not at full strength either having lost Durand Johnson (4th leading scorer)?

Here's the funny thing, eao--I'm really not concerned about Pitt. This isn't an egalitarian sentiment--I root for SU, not pitt.

It's all about the Tournament, anyway.

Going undefeated is an unreasonable expectation anyway. As for injuries, etc. I seem to remember a couple of the teams we faced in Hawaii were without their best player.

Nonsense. Neither Minnesota nor Cal were without their "best" player.

This all is a moot point if Rak stays out of foul trouble. If he does then problem solved.

Zanna and Patterson are far from healthy and it will have an impact on them as well.

Keita or no Keita we should win this game

I hope you're right. Getting back to the original point of this thread, I can't stand pitt and hate the prospect of losing to them under any circumstances--let alone as the #1 ranked team.

I hope you're right. Getting back to the original point of this thread, I can't stand pitt and hate the prospect of losing to them under any circumstances--let alone as the #1 ranked team.

I hear ya. I watched the VT game and Patterson was a mess. 1-9 from the field and he airballed a few threes. The thumb on his shooting hand is his issue and it clearly affected him.

This all is a moot point if Rak stays out of foul trouble. If he does then problem solved.

Zanna and Patterson are far from healthy and it will have an impact on them as well.

Keita or no Keita we should win this game

Seeing Grant play center against Clemson was a little strange. That's not our best line-up but if Grant starts doing it more I imagine he will improve at playing the position. So even if Rak does get into foul trouble it may not instantly mean we are going to lose. What Grant lacks in size and weight in the low post he makes up with athleticism.

Yes! We are clearly the better team and I, too, can't tolerate the thought of losing to them. Are we going to lose? In all probability, yes. I can't imagine walking out of Cameron a winner, although I drool at that prospect. I would also not hang my head if we lose at Virginia.

In terms of losing, as my mother used to say,"Some day, but not today!"

This loss crippled this Pitt team. He was the glue that held that team together and was THE guy that would have killed us the way that team plays.

Is Keita for sure not playing or you are juat assuming even if he does he won't be 100%?

Definitely not for sure... But this type of thing has happened in the past and I rarely remember a time when someone played the following game. Hope that if he is out, its only for a little bit...

not sure why a loss would automatically knock us from #1. cal beat zona. we beat cal. and pitt is currently ranked in the top 25.

It's basketball, and injuries are part of it. Both sides have 'em. So freakin' what? Who shows up plays against whoever else shows up. Like everything else, it's not what happens, it's what you do about it that really matters. LGO!

not sure why a loss would automatically knock us from #1. cal beat zona. we beat cal. and pitt is currently ranked in the top 25.

That's usually how the polls work though. Teams don't usually hold onto the top spot if they lose

I guess some people hate pitt so much that they'll post based on feelings and how they hope/wish things play out. I don't know how many times we have to see SU play pitt to expect that this will be a tough game, even if Keita and even Coleman were healthy. Missing Keita will indeed hurt, this is not the team we want to be facing with one legit big on the available roster.

Get healthy soon BMK, we're gonna need you...

Ennis will hold things together. I doubt Pitt goes for much more than 50 on us. If we have a decent offensive game then it will be less of a nail biter than last time. Wasn't that Pitt/UVA game a DOUBLE OT masterpiece in the 40s?? Won't be easy but I feel way better with the mental makeup of this team than in years past.

Ennis will hold things together. I doubt Pitt goes for much more than 50 on us. If we have a decent offensive game then it will be less of a nail biter than last time. Wasn't that Pitt/UVA game a DOUBLE OT masterpiece in the 40s??

Ennis has been deliberate all year, obviously. Have to imagine he's going to be even more so if we have just one healthy center - it will be to SU's benefit to limit possessions to save Christmas from fouls and fatigue. And truthfully, there may be no one better in the country at limiting possessions than Ennis.

I just can't stand Dixon and his snarly ass grin. Would love to see one of our bigs (inadvertently of course ;)) knock him on his arse while he's fixated on the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom