It was a disappointing regular season... | Syracusefan.com

It was a disappointing regular season...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
Luckily we have the post season. Hope springs eternal after all.

I honestly cannot remember an SU team with this much talent, where every major player on the team save one (CJ) did worse than expectations. Here's my list from best to worst (vis a vis expectations).

1) CJ -- A pleasant surprise, and should blossom into a bonafide star next year
2) Jerami Grant -- Didn't really expect much from him this year and he's better than I thought.
3) MCW -- His numbers are solid but his year was not. It's amazing to say a player who averaged close to 8 assists a game appeared selfish at times. To his credit, he has learned from his mistakes and gotten better as the season wound down. Although I'll never forgive him for that idiotic three against L'Ville in the dome with Southerland wide open right next to him. Solid passer, poor decision maker.
4) Baye Keita -- I mean, he is what he is. I never expected more from him.
5) Rak Christmas -- He has started to show some fire in the last two or three games. Hopefully that continues. He needs to work on spacing and turnaround jumper. I still think he can be a good one.
6) Trevor Cooney -- He's pretty much a freshman, but I expected this kid to be a proficient three point shooter from the get go. He plays solid defense for a freshman, but he is a liability on offense right now.
7) James Southerland -- I honestly expected more from him. Senior year, lights out outside shooter. I thought he would be the guy that could carry us on occasion. Instead he never really showed up big in games that were tight or mattered.
8) Dajuan Coleman -- I was told by a friend who watches the team practice. He said his low side was 8 & 6 a game. He just never got going, and I'm not sure why. Truly just not ready for the college game yet. I still think he'll be great, but it doesn't surprise me that from watching practice against our anemic interior that he would look like an offensive wizard.
9) Brandon Triche -- Just an utter disappointment this year. He's too hard on himself, and this funk is just outrageous for a senior of his caliber to go through. He was supposed to be the leader of this team, and he never lived up to that billing. It's a shame because he seems like a good kid. He's just not star material. A good second banana, but never the star. He wilted this year, and that's disappointing to see.

Now, with all of this said -- Let's Go Orange! Hopefully the switch from in season to post season lights a spark under this team. A spark that has been missing all year. We know they are offensively challenged but maybe (I'm hoping here) there's some MSG magic left before all is said and done.

Onwards and upwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom