It was foreseeable that Dion and Fab were 1st rounders last Nov. | Syracusefan.com

It was foreseeable that Dion and Fab were 1st rounders last Nov.

patspatsselfselfononbackback

Absolutely :D

Just trying to put to rest the goofy..."Durrr, no one could have ever thunk Fab would be a first rounder, so people projecting MCW are crazy" arguments.

Absolutely :D

Just trying to put to rest the goofy..."Durrr, no one could have ever thunk Fab would be a first rounder, so people projecting MCW are crazy" arguments.

Holy straw man. I think that many if not most posters are concerned that MCW might make the jump after this year. Specifically, who are all the people that you are railing against who have expressed that projecting MCW as a first rounder is "crazy?"

I guess MCW is gone although I need to see him play against some real guards. MCW's true speed and quickness is yet to be determined. I think Rak really needs to improve offensively. Wouldn't be surprised if Coleman bolts if he has a solid and steady season. Too many uncertainties in general.

Speaking of Wolf Blitzer:
it wasn't meant to be political. I was making fun of CNN's super epic and super obvious projections last night.

Considering Chad Ford had MCW listed in the top 30 on his big board in April, I'm going to go ahead and suggest that no one thinks it's far fetched he could go in the 1st round this year.

Hell, I've been telling everyone who will listen that I think if he has the kind of season I expect, he'll be a lottery pick this year.

It was "foreseeable" that Dion could prove he was a lottery pick; also foreseeable that Fab was ready to take his 7ft frame to the pros. But they needed to have good seasons, and Dion exceeded expectations, and moved up the charts based on what he showed against serious competition. Didn't hurt that those two were big reasons SU had one loss in regular season and earned a top seed. Only JB could check Dion.

Similar now -- MCW, Rak or DC2 have the talent; certainly would expect them to leave in 2014. In 2013 -- well, show you are ready (as Fab and Dion did) against genuine competition.

It was "foreseeable" that Dion could prove he was a lottery pick; also foreseeable that Fab was ready to take his 7ft frame to the pros. But they needed to have good seasons, and Dion exceeded expectations, and moved up the charts based on what he showed against serious competition. Didn't hurt that those two were big reasons SU had one loss in regular season and earned a top seed. Only JB could check Dion.

Similar now -- MCW, Rak or DC2 have the talent; certainly would expect them to leave in 2014. In 2013 -- well, show you are ready (as Fab and Dion did) against genuine competition.
g

Exactly. Great post

I also talk to a lot of scouts ... and by talk to scouts I mean I spend a lot of time anonymously on the internet.

MCW is gone folks, I talk to a lot of scouts. DC2 and Rak are right there, we'll see. Here is the link from last year.

Wow, do we have two '12 first rounders?

Discussion in 'Syracuse Basketball Board' started by fanfanclubclub, Nov 23, 2011.
fanfanclubclubScout Team

1. Member Since:
    Aug 29, 2011
    Message Count:

What are the names of those scouts??

Just curious if they are the same ones I talk to from Den #914. :cool:

Seriously though, MCW will have to have a monster. monster season to go, and with the lack of success of recent SU draft picks...

Guys, let's just be happy he came back. I mean, he must be swamped helping his good friend own the Jaguars.

Can we play a game? Someone had it spot on with the amount of Syracuse busts lately. I'm not convinced anyone on this team is close to nba ready yet.

Can we play a game? Someone had it spot on with the amount of Syracuse busts lately. I'm not convinced anyone on this team is close to nba ready yet.

LOL, it never has anything to do with being NBA ready. It will probabbly be an easier draft to go high in than the next one. If SU makes a deep run and DC2, RAk and MCW have good seasons they could all go first round and get gauranteed money.

It's not about being nba ready, and obviously to early to call on dion, but I am trying to make the point that due to our other recent draft "busts", I don't necessarily think its forgone that we have players leaving this year.

While we're crapping on Wolf, how about Smartypants getting his a$$ reamed on jeopardy.

I don't know why, but I've never enjoyed seeing someone fail so much as that smug douche on Jeopardy and his "everyone who plays t-ball gets a trophy moment" at the end when they let him play final jeopardy anyway (he got that wrong too).