It was the best of games, It was the worst of games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It was the best of games, It was the worst of games

just a observation Roberson has been shooting alot of backrim this year Not sure we have seen him him any frontrim on his misses.

On full display tonight was both aspects of this team. Those things which are going to be problematic moving forward and the strengths which we can build upon in our journey to become a competitive post season tourney team. For sure we need to work on diversification of the offense with more drives TO the hoop... not just AT the hoop and we need to manage some semblance of an inside game. That is both the offensive game and defensive game.

A lot of learning opportunities and moments in the game and frankly, that's to be expected this early. But the shooting of this team did come around in the 2nd half they were in the neighborhood of 55% for a while and I liked the energy that blossomed in the 2nd half as they put their push on to win the game. Lydon no doubt is going to be a key component in this teams success and Richardson is flat exhibiting the traits of a GREAT college basketball player and looks well beyond his tender age. Gbinije is doing exactly what we need him to do and that is provide the steady force and scoring when things aren't going well and providing leadership and skilled play. Cooney, although not great from 3 pt land did a ton defensively to be disruptive and was also a monster on the boards in the 1st half. The kid plays with great passion and he is PURE ORANGE...if in fact he has one glaring fault its that he is almost TOO intense and has a propensity to force things and it adversely affects his shooting more than anything else. But by games end... surprise,surprise,he had a ton of points and was the stat stuffer of the night.

All things considered... we have a lot to be excited about. They hung around and bucked down when things weren't going well and they fashioned a potential upset in to a comfortable win.

Good job!!! I"m excited to watch this team develop into what should be a pretty damn good team and certainly one which will provide us with a lot of excitement from some young players who are going to be carrying our program forward in the future.

I watch the St Bs game a second time. The second 10 minutes of the first half was played just as well as the second half. They did close the score to 5 at one point. I think what made us all freak out was the first 10 minutes of play. There was a really odd sequence where we had 5 bad plays in a row. What our players were doing was good but the execution was bad. Combine that with blistering 25' plus 3-point shooting from the Bunnies and it gave Syracuse fans angina. They actually played better the last 10 minutes of the first half than I originally thought.

Hats off to the Bonnies -- they are a very feisty team. They pass the ball very well, and were just tenacious on the boards. I hope they make the tourney.

It seems like every year people shite all over our cupcakes after they've played the best game in the school's last 25 year history.

It seems like every year people shite all over our cupcakes after they've played the best game in the school's last 25 year history.

If all the cupcakes seemingly do well against us year after year the past few it's a good indication that we're not at the level we were at 11-12 and 09-10.

There's nothing wrong with that either but we just haven't had great teams. Heck, our final four team wasn't even our first or second best team in a 5 year period.

If all the cupcakes seemingly do well against us year after year the past few it's a good indication that we're not at the level we were at 11-12 and 09-10.

There's nothing wrong with that either but we just haven't had great teams. Heck, our final four team wasn't even our first or second best team in a 5 year period.

I went to a Philadelphia football game a few years ago and the Eagles lost. After the game we were still in the parking lot tailgating. The Eagle fans were really despondent with the loss. While we were sitting there these two brothers across the parking lot start having a shouting match with each other. One brother is arguing, "It was the defense. If the defense played better the offense would have had more chances to win the game." The other brother shouted back, "It was the offense. If the offense played better the defense would not have gotten tired." This went on for 20 minutes until a third guy with them starts shouting, "It was the coaches!" It was really funny! I never seen anything like it.

So you comment reminds me of this story. You claim it was our team playing bad. I'm saying for some reason the cupcakes we play seem to be really tough when they play us. The bunnies were shooting lights out from 3-point. That was some blistering hot shooting. Those were 35 foot 3-point shots snapping nets with 2 seconds left on the shot clock. I mean come on it could have been a catastrophic loss for our team.

I went to a Philadelphia football game a few years ago and the Eagles lost. After the game we were still in the parking lot tailgating. The Eagle fans were really despondent with the loss. While we were sitting there these two brothers across the parking lot start having a shouting match with each other. One brother is arguing, "It was the defense. If the defense played better the offense would have had more chances to win the game." The other brother shouted back, "It was the offense. If the offense played better the defense would not have gotten tired." This went on for 20 minutes until a third guy with them starts shouting, "It was the coaches!" It was really funny! I never seen anything like it.

So you comment reminds me of this story. You claim it was our team playing bad. I'm saying for some reason the cupcakes we play seem to be really tough when they play us. The bunnies were shooting lights out from 3-point. That was some blistering hot shooting. Those were 35 foot 3-point shots snapping nets with 2 seconds left on the shot clock. I mean come on it could have been a catastrophic loss for our team.

orangehoops.org/GameResults/G2011-2012.htm

Why didn't we have a problem then? Why do we have the problem now? Simple were not as good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom