Its a calm Thursday night, tomorrow's Friday | Syracusefan.com

Its a calm Thursday night, tomorrow's Friday

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Footballs coming back, then after that Orange Basketball.

This teams already got some magic in it.

Rewatched this and the Gillon buzzer beaters just now and couldn't help but smile. I know there's a lot of doubt spilling over from last year into this year. It's the weirdest thing though, watching Battle's buzzer beater and his late game performance vs Duke paired with flashes from other players through '17 you still feel like you're watching a little bit of greatness. I don't think I'm ready to count Kid Mamba, JAB and the Syracuse Orange out yet.

I think we'll figure things out this year.

I'm with you. I choose to believe.
Btw, Moyer banter is great at the end of this clip.

That's why i picked the video. Moyer with his arm around Tyus walking back into the tunnel like two kids leaving the playground after winning $10 in pickup.

You know, ABC had a pretty high-level basketball game on last night involving Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Steph Curry, Kyrie Irving, Klay Thompson, Kevin Love and Draymond Green.

You know, ABC had a pretty high-level basketball game on last night involving Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Steph Curry, Kyrie Irving, Klay Thompson, Kevin Love and Draymond Green.

I watched but prefer college basketball. Find very little likeable about either team, lost interest when the celtics lost.

I watched but prefer college basketball. Find very little likeable about either team, lost interest when the celtics lost.

You don't have to like the teams or the players but I find it hard to understand how people can claim to like basketball yet they do not like to see it performed at the highest level. I like basketball but I don't like watching Lebron, Steph, KD or any of those other guys :confused:. I know that people think this way but my brain just cannot process it.

You don't have to like the teams or the players but I find it hard to understand how people can claim to like basketball yet they do not like to see it performed at the highest level. I like basketball but I don't like watching Lebron, Steph, KD or any of those other guys :confused:. I know that people think this way but my brain just cannot process it.
Dont get me wrong, its the sport being played to its highest level and entertaining to watch. However, i prefer the rush and uncertainty of watching my teams play. Win or lose.

Hard to get in to a sport that the entire world knew the outcome before the season even started.

It's about emotional attachment. I watched some of the game last night but never really got into it. I appreciated the athleticism and skill on display but it feels sterile to me. Despite a lower level of play, I can't pull myself away from a SU game. Even with other college teams I'm familiar with I feel more connection. There's something about the pagentry surrounding college sports. The bands, the cheerleaders, the student sections, the chants. It all makes it more appealing to me. Contrast that with piped in music or pipe organs and the hype man of a PA announcer at NBA games and I'm just not drawn in the same way, despite the elite level of play. I'm the same way with football. Maybe it has something to do with growing up in a college town instead of a pro town.

What was it, Game 29 in a best of 77 series? Wake me up when its game 39, ya know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom