It's D'Antoni for the Lake Show | Syracusefan.com

It's D'Antoni for the Lake Show

I doubt he really, really wanted the job. He asked for way too much and then acted shocked when he didn't get it lol.

disappointed they didnt get phil. my jaw literally dropped when i read d'antoni got the gig. looks like we'll be seeing alot of nash and howard/gasol pick and rolls. much better than the princeton offense lol

disappointed they didnt get phil. my jaw literally dropped when i read d'antoni got the gig. looks like we'll be seeing alot of nash and howard/gasol pick and rolls. much better than the princeton offense lol

This is the first shot in the upcoming D12 / Kobe war. Just like the Lakers made a choice between Shaq and Kobe, the team just made a choice between Kobe and D12.

With Phil, the triangle would have benefited Kobe and Pau. Now the offense will feature more Dwight and they are going all in to get him to sign now after this year.

There is no way Kobe is going to go in on this. He'll do it his way.

This is the first shot in the upcoming D12 / Kobe war. Just like the Lakers made a choice between Shaq and Kobe, the team just made a choice between Kobe and D12.

With Phil, the triangle would have benefited Kobe and Pau. Now the offense will feature more Dwight and they are going all in to get him to sign now after this year.

There is no way Kobe is going to go in on this. He'll do it his way.

I guess I forgot this, but apparently D'Antoni was Kobe's idol or something when he was living in Italy. He took #8 because that was D'Antoni's number. Of course, that was like 25 years ago. Will definitely be intriguing to see how this plays out; Nash is certainly going to have the ball in his hands a ton when he comes back and you'd think they would run a ton of pnr with the two bigs.

I guess I forgot this, but apparently D'Antoni was Kobe's idol or something when he was living in Italy. He took #8 because that was D'Antoni's number. Of course, that was like 25 years ago. Will definitely be intriguing to see how this plays out; Nash is certainly going to have the ball in his hands a ton when he comes back and you'd think they would run a ton of pnr with the two bigs.

Yeah... I think D'Antoni will have some capital to spend in trying to make Kobe buy in, but I think this is bigger than a coach and player. I really think the Lakers are going all in on Dwight, regardless if they piss off Kobe.

I'm predicting one of those games where Kobe gets like 16 first quarter points and then refuses to shoot the rest of the game.

Kobe will run a ton of pick and roll with Dwight Nash can't do it every time down court anymore. But D'Antoni's offense doesn't work with 2 bigs on the court. Pau can't shoot 3s and NBA players will be able to help off of him and recover when he is in the 15-18ft range.

I think the strategy is that they know all the old legs and knees aren't up for playing defense, so just go all chips in on offense and whatever Ron-Ron's insanity and Dwight's shotblocking can give you is what you rally around on defense.

I think the strategy is that they know all the old legs and knees aren't up for playing defense, so just go all chips in on offense and whatever Ron-Ron's insanity and Dwight's shotblocking can give you is what you rally around on defense.

Which isn't a terrible idea. Dwight Howard almost by himself should mean you have at least an average defense.

D'Antoni likes to play his starters a lot; I wonder how he manages the minutes for Nash, Kobe, and Gasol.

Which isn't a terrible idea. Dwight Howard almost by himself should mean you have at least an average defense.

D'Antoni likes to play his starters a lot; I wonder how he manages the minutes for Nash, Kobe, and Gasol.

run first, think later. D'Antoni gets that on wristbands for all of his players and asst coaches. He doesn't worry about silly things like a bench.

Good point. FWIW, I think he killed Amare. He needs to be a lot smarter about that with the Lakers.

On a side note I think Steve Nash is done and the Suns knew it that's why they traded him to LA. Phoenix has the best medical staff in the NBA and they knew his body was starting to breakdown and there is nothing that could be done about it.

I like the hire. Nash needs the ball in his hands, and running pick and rolls with Howard and Gasol is such a lethal combination it isn't even funny.

The only thing I don't like is that I feel like the Lakers clearly asked for Kobe's stamp of approval like they always do. Kobe has always had a crush on D'Antoni. That's the only part I don't like, but hopefully it means that Kobe will listen to him and give the ball up.

Kobe will run a ton of pick and roll with Dwight Nash can't do it every time down court anymore. But D'Antoni's offense doesn't work with 2 bigs on the court. Pau can't shoot 3s and NBA players will be able to help off of him and recover when he is in the 15-18ft range.

Pau is actually a very good mid-range shooter for a big man.

When has Kobe ever proven he can do this?

And why would he? He has five rings. D'Antoni has zero. I'm glad they have a good relationship, but all that and $1.00 gets is a cup of coffee.

And why would he? He has five rings. D'Antoni has zero. I'm glad they have a good relationship, but all that and $1.00 gets is a cup of coffee.

Kobe is fantastic.. but he has never given up the ball and never will. Kobe's gonna do Kobe until the end. He's not going to go all D Wade and play the side car role to championships.

Kobe is fantastic.. but he has never given up the ball and never will. Kobe's gonna do Kobe until the end. He's not going to go all D Wade and play the side car role to championships.

100% agree. If Kobe is able to play, it will be Kobe's way.

100% agree. If Kobe is able to play, it will be Kobe's way.

Yes, and I think Phil Jackson would have a better chance of getting Kobe to modify his style than D'Antoni.

D'Antoni turned Carmelo into a 3-point shooting, glorified role player while he stood in the corner as Landry Fields and co. launched up shots from anywhere and everywhere. I hate D'Antoni's style of run n gun with no defense, its pathetic.

LA's team make up as of now, does not seem to mesh with Pringles style.

I don't think Kobe appreciates the world handing over the best player in the league and greatest player since Jordan title to Lebron. Kobe is out for blood this year and I think he is going to get #6.

D'Antoni turned Carmelo into a 3-point shooting, glorified role player while he stood in the corner as Landry Fields and co. launched up shots from anywhere and everywhere. I hate D'Antoni's style of run n gun with no defense, its pathetic.

LA's team make up as of now, does not seem to mesh with Pringles style.

i dont think id call it pathetic, he did get to back to back western conference finals with phoenix running it. the 7 seconds or less suns was 1 of the most entertaining basketball teams ever, id much rather watch those guys than the bad boys pistons or riley's knicks. you need a great pg to run d'antoni's system, he never had 1 with the knicks. whether that system can win a championship remains to be seen, but its title or bust for him now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom