It's funny how everybody bashes Notre Dame... | Syracusefan.com

It's funny how everybody bashes Notre Dame...

liljoe

Scout Team
Yet everyone has an arguement on why their conference would be the best fit for Notre Dame.

Yet everyone has an arguement on why their conference would be the best fit for Notre Dame.
I'm not sure everyone has an argument - I missed the Sun Belt white paper.

From the ACC and B10's perspective (the only ones that count), there is an additional distinction you are missing. People bash ND as a holier-than-thou independent. They would welcome ND as a full-equal-conference-member, and argue why their conference is the best fit for such an entity. Neither is arguing that they are a best fit for a ND that retains some measure of football independence, and the permission to maintain its own television contract.

I hope they stay independent. It screws over both Rutgers and UConn.

When was the last ND bashing post? I think there have been more threads in the last 2 weeks about hoping ND joins the ACC, I'm not sure there have been any threads bashing ND in the last 2 weeks.

Its hard to hate a football program that has been mediocre for so long. But I try..... Could careless where they end up

When was the last ND bashing post? I think there have been more threads in the last 2 weeks about hoping ND joins the ACC, I'm not sure there have been any threads bashing ND in the last 2 weeks.

I was making a statement about the general college football world, not specific to this board. Though I'm sure I can find some posts taking shots at ND... Heck, I started that type of thread recently, so I'm pretty sure there has Ben something in the last 2 weeks.

I hope they stay independent. It screws over both Rutgers and UConn.

If they insist on staying independant, doesn't that make it fairly reasonable that Storrs State and Rutgirls would get invites to the ACC ? I don't see that as screwing them over...I see that as screwing us over, we just got rid of (are in the process of getting rid of) the "treading water with their chins pointed straight up in the air" football programs...I wouldnt mind UCONN for the basketball, but I would much rather have ND if there's a way to get all sports in.

If they insist on staying independant, doesn't that make it fairly reasonable that Storrs State and Rutgirls would get invites to the ACC?
What is the value proposition for adding those 2 teams? The Big 10 may be able to get away with adding Rutgers given their BTN revenue model and all the TV sets in NJ, but the ACC would have to show that dividing the pie 16 ways will not result in a net loss to the existing 14 members. Adding 2 more teams has to increase the value of the (hypothetical and under negotiation) ACC TV contract by 14% for that to happen.

I never said there was any value...I also never gave a time frame. IF (notice the caps) expansion continued, and the acc felt they needed to expand, AND (again with the caps) Notre Dame insisted on staying independant (which it appears they're revisiting according to some) THEN (those caps again) speculation as to where the ACC (that's just an acronym, not trying to make a point with caps) would look to expand, COULD (yep) lead towards the aforementioned institutions.

Sometimes I feel like I should make this into my signature line:

No conference will go to 16 teams unless they add Notre Dame &/or Texas or until those teams are securely settled in another 16-team conference.

I believe SU fans bash the existing BE/ND no football arrangement and any attempt to continue that arrangement with any BCS conference. Big East fans blame ND for its "demise"; see Texas/Big 12 backlash.

If they insist on staying independant, doesn't that make it fairly reasonable that Storrs State and Rutgirls would get invites to the ACC ? I don't see that as screwing them over...I see that as screwing us over, we just got rid of (are in the process of getting rid of) the "treading water with their chins pointed straight up in the air" football programs...I wouldnt mind UCONN for the basketball, but I would much rather have ND if there's a way to get all sports in.

The ACC isn't going to invite UConn and Rutgers out of charity. If ND stays independent, the Big Ten stays at 12, the Big 12 stays at 10 or 12, the SEC stays at 14, and there's no need for the ACC to go past 14. Which means UConn and Rutgers are .

so they think their foozball program is god's gift and above any conference alignment. thunderbolt. they suck.i'd hang them out to dry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom