It's nice that the women have so many teams | Syracusefan.com

It's nice that the women have so many teams

NYCSUGrad

All Conference
but it makes me curious. I'm assuming there need to be an equal number of men's and women's varsity teams. Are all the women's sports varsity level? If they have field AND ice hockey plus softball, why are there no men's ice hockey or baseball teams? I thought there was no baseball due to the long Syracuse winters but that would logically preclude softball too.

but it makes me curious. I'm assuming there need to be an equal number of men's and women's varsity teams. Are all the women's sports varsity level? If they have field AND ice hockey plus softball, why are there no men's ice hockey or baseball teams? I thought there was no baseball due to the long Syracuse winters but that would logically preclude softball too.
Equal number of scholarships - not equal number of teams. With football having 85 scholarships = women having more teams.

Equal number of scholarships - not equal number of teams. With football having 85 scholarships = women having more teams.

Might also be equal number of athletic opportunities, otherwise you could field teams and not award scholarships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom