It's official, we are in the midst of a potato blight! | Syracusefan.com

It's official, we are in the midst of a potato blight!

Flacusian

All Conference
TC picking up right where he left off at the close of last season. Shaky Potatoes has not been seen since 25-0.
I saw a special, I think it was a 30/ 30 special on ESPN about Mickey Sasser and his battle with the YIPS. He went from the hottest hitter in baseball to the laughing stock of the National League. Eventually he left baseball altogether because it became so overwhelming.

I'm hoping that TC is just in a protracted shooting slump but you've got so start to wonder. He missed a lot of WIDE OPEN looks tonight against some not so great competition. We are going to need Trevor to hit those shots if we are going to be effective.

Gave you a like because the potato blight subject line made me do a spit take.

TC missed a few wide open shots where he squared up properly and released the ball with confidence. A shooter of his caliber should be able to drain over 50% of those. Then he also took a few shots where he was not squared up. Those he very rarely makes yet it seems likes he takes 4 or 5 of these per game and his footwork and his release are not in sync. I'm no expert, but it seems like he should have enough time to set up properly, but he is not quick enough.

TC picking up right where he left off at the close of last season. Shaky Potatoes has not been seen since 25-0.
I saw a special, I think it was a 30/ 30 special on ESPN about Mickey Sasser and his battle with the YIPS. He went from the hottest hitter in baseball to the laughing stock of the National League. Eventually he left baseball altogether because it became so overwhelming.

I'm hoping that TC is just in a protracted shooting slump but you've got so start to wonder. He missed a lot of WIDE OPEN looks tonight against some not so great competition. We are going to need Trevor to hit those shots if we are going to be effective.
Hes a streaky player, likely always will be while hes at Cuse. Cuse will be pretty good when hes on a hot streak (like last yr) and The good news is we have RP closing the gap when TC is off. Ie RP is not that far behind TC talent wise right now and that gap as i said is closing. Also imo G is possibly a better all around player than both TC and RP right now, even tho its like comparing apples to oranges. Ie TC and RP are 2s and G is like a point forward. Cant wait to see how all three do in a big game.

Remember: Igor said Trevor over-developed his upper body and it has thrown everything off. I wonder.....

Hes a streaky player, likely always will be while hes at Cuse. Cuse will be pretty good when hes on a hot streak (like last yr) and The good news is we have RP closing the gap when TC is off. Ie RP is not that far behind TC talent wise right now and that gap as i said is closing. Also imo G is possibly a better all around player than both TC and RP right now, even tho its like comparing apples to oranges. Ie TC and RP are 2s and G is like a point forward. Cant wait to see how all three do in a big game.
I agree completely. Ron Patterson's stock is going up big time right about now.

He's aiming rather than shooting. (So was Roberson for many of his long attempts.)

I'm more concerned that we couldn't space the floor and let him drive a little. I'd assumed that that was the goal in scheduling such an overmatched team, to let our players gain a comfort level with some different things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom