Its Official. | Syracusefan.com

Its Official.

Hope he plays with the system and shows a willingness to defer... Grabbing rebounds would help...

I'll say 20pts 7rbds 4asts - W for Knickerbockers!

Lin will have a triple double, 11pts, 10 assists and 12 TOs, while Melo will go 8-16 for 26pt and 5 rebs and all that will be talked about is how Melo took points away from Lin.

Lin could have 30TOs and barely anyone would say a peep.

and if they did, they would be called to the carpet.

Lin will have a triple double, 11pts, 10 assists and 12 TOs, while Melo will go 8-16 for 26pt and 5 rebs and all that will be talked about is how Melo took points away from Lin.

Lin could have 30TOs and barely anyone would say a peep.

and if they did, they would be called to the carpet.
I agree. The turnovers are a really big problem that is being glossed over because of wins. When you make the game winning 3 pointer people forget about the 9 turnovers, but the analysis should be "would we have needed your last gasp 3 if you didnt have 9 turnovers."

I agree. The turnovers are a really big problem that is being glossed over because of wins. When you make the game winning 3 pointer people forget about the 9 turnovers, but the analysis should be "would we have needed your last gasp 3 if you didnt have 9 turnovers."
Do you guys know who leads the league in turnovers every year?

Answer: Steve Nash.

Dude just dropped 28 points and 14 assists on Dallas without our best player. C'mon.

Melo, 18 pts, 8 reb, 5 assists and living in sweet harmony with Jeremy. Don't forget, Carmelo has won a NC at SU, a gold medal at 2008 Olympics and led the Nuggets to two division titles and to the NBA playoffs every year from 2004 to 2010.. He knows what needs to be done to win.

Do you guys know who leads the league in turnovers every year?

Answer: Steve Nash.

Dude just dropped 28 points and 14 assists on Dallas without our best player. C'mon.

I am well aware. I am also aware that Lin's almost double Nash's TO averages in his 8 starts. Lin in 8 starts has averaged 9.5 assts/6.5 TO per game = 1.46. Nash is at 11/3.7 = 3

I agree he has to work on the turnovers but once he does that he is one of the best pg's in the league statistically so at least give him some slack. He really needs to focus against Miami, those turnovers would be killers with their fast break potential.

I am well aware. I am also aware that Lin's almost double Nash's TO averages in his 8 starts. Lin in 8 starts has averaged 9.5 assts/6.5 TO per game = 1.46. Nash is at 11/3.7 = 3

Lin's TO are incredibly high, but his TO% isn't.

Per Basketball Reference, Lin has a TO% of 21.6% this year. Nash has a TO% of 21.1.

The 21.6% is definitely on the high side, but Lin is playign 40 minutes per night and is controlling th eball on every possession. He will rack up some high TO numbers. I'm thinking those will go down, at least a bit.

D'Antoni needs to implement the same rewards system for Melo that Karl did. If Melo gets 10 FTA and 10 FGA in the paint, then he can take 10 Jumpers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom