Its pretty amazing how good last night was to us | Syracusefan.com

Its pretty amazing how good last night was to us

RF2044

Living Legend
First, we sweep pitt on a soul-crushing buzzer beater that more importantly keeps us atop the ACC standings.

Then, the weather conditions force UNC and Duke to reschedule to NEXT THURSDAY--i.e., two days before we play them next Saturday. So instead of having the week to focus and game plan for us, they'll have to prep for their hated rival instead, and then turn around after what undoubtedly will be an emotionally draining contest to face us again a mere two days later.

Not suggesting that this will provide much tangible benefit, but I'll take any edge I can get. Regardless, circumstantially things sure worked out favorably for us.

Last edited:
Also when they showed NBA highlights (they had a MCW vs Trey Burke game in the NBA), they showed some footage of the likely NBA ROY in his Syracuse uniform making shots at the Final Four. You can't buy this publicity.

Also when they showed NBA highlights (they had a MCW vs Trey Burke game in the NBA), they showed some footage of the likely NBA ROY in his Syracuse uniform making shots at the Final Four. You can't buy this publicity.
That's true. That's how the blue bloods became blue.

First, we sweep pitt on a soul-crushing buzzer beater that more importantly keeps us atop the ACC standings.

Then, the weather conditions force UNC and Duke to reschedule to NEXT THURSDAY--i.e., two days before we play them next Saturday. So instead of having the week to focus and game plan for us, they'll have to prep for their hated rival instead, and then turn around after what undoubtedly will be an emotionally draining contest to face us again a mere two days later.

Not suggesting that this will provide much tangible benefit, but I'll take any edge I can get. Regardless, circumstantially things sure worked out favorably for us.
Indeed. I'm down here in Durham, stuck in the frozen 6 inches of snow with more sleet and snow to follow (actually we just had about 2 more inches fall.) Being from Central New York for so long, I'm used to it, but not many others down here are. Even Duke (where I work) has called it a weather emergency day. Been playing board games with wife and child, recovering my voice from last night, and I rewatched the game, since I was only able to stomach about 10 minutes during the original telecast. Happy that Duke will have to play their hated rival just two days before us.

Go Cuse!

really really good karma. Just think of what we've had athletically over the past 3 months in terms of exciting sports. The last two football games with how they ended and now this hoops run highlighted by the Duke and now Pitt legendary games/ending to games. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!couchburn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom