Its sad for the women's basketball team could only draw about 400+--- | Syracusefan.com

Its sad for the women's basketball team could only draw about 400+---

CaliCuse

All American
---fans yesterday. I enjoy watching the ladies play. Lots of energy and hustle Their 3 attempts are sometimes awesome and Peterson is amazing with the ball in her control.

When Butler gets the feel she is a point machine. Lots to enjoy If you don't watch them on TV you are missing a good time.

Quinton has a good team and the ladies seem to like him and he doesn't chastise a player for a mistake which I believe is a great way to perpetuate the pressure on the player and increase the tendency to make mistakes because of need to please the coach is overly important. Quito can't pat the women on the butt or be faced with all kinds of problem along with being unemployed. Words of encouragementand a bit of coaching goes a long way unmaking the person confident and better in the long run.

Men keep playing like they do and you'll see a flip flop

Part of the problem is that SU still charges admission for their games and the atmosphere is awful. Don't understand why SU doesn't make their games free when families are going to spend plenty at concession stands.

Part of the problem is that SU still charges admission for their games and the atmosphere is awful. Don't understand why SU doesn't make their games free when families are going to spend plenty at concession stands.

Is parking free for the Women's games?

---fans yesterday. I enjoy watching the ladies play. Lots of energy and hustle Their 3 attempts are sometimes awesome and Peterson is amazing with the ball in her control.

When Butler gets the feel she is a point machine. Lots to enjoy If you don't watch them on TV you are missing a good time.

Quinton has a good team and the ladies seem to like him and he doesn't chastise a player for a mistake which I believe is a great way to perpetuate the pressure on the player and increase the tendency to make mistakes because of need to please the coach is overly important. Quito can't pat the women on the butt or be faced with all kinds of problem along with being unemployed. Words of encouragementand a bit of coaching goes a long way unmaking the person confident and better in the long run.
Great points CaliCuse. I couldn't agree more.

I personally don't like the ACC's Sunday-Thursday game schedule for the women. 13 of SU's 16 ACC games this season follow this schedule. Sunday is the last day of the weekend and some people take that day to lay low and relax, some go to church, for others its 'family day time with the kids,' the NFL playoffs are on now, some go out for breakfast/brunch, lunch, dinner. I think its a bad day to have games. I'm not making excuses for people. Thursday isn't much better in my opinion.

When Coach Q took the squad to his first NCAA tournament as head coach here (I believe it was the 2007-08 season), if memory serves the average attendance was 1500 and change. We were in the Big East then and they had games on Saturdays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. I remember over 3,000 showing up in the dome for the St. John's game, which was on a Saturday. Nearly 5,000 showed up for the UConn game here that year. That was either on a Tuesday or Wednesday night. For some reason it seems Saturdays, and Mondays-Wednesdays are the best days to host games in the dome for both of our basketball teams. The attendance seems to be better on these days.

Is parking free for the Women's games?
I've never paid for parking, not even this year. I park in Oakwood cemetery. There's no one there (rather spooky) though. It's a fun time , great for kids because other than court side seats, you can sit wherever you want and get very up and close. Only 2 or so concessions open but no more needed with current attendance - no lines.

Game tickets are $5 for kids 12 & under and seniors over 60 , $10 for everyone else. Court side seasons for a 16 game schedule are $125, regular seasons are only $75 and for youth & seniors just $45.

I've never paid for parking, not even this year. I park in Oakwood cemetery. There's no one there (rather spooky) though. It's a fun time , great for kids because other than court side seats, you can sit wherever you want and get very up and close. Only 2 or so concessions open but no more needed with current attendance - no lines.

Game tickets are $5 for kids 12 & under and seniors over 60 , $10 for everyone else. Court side seasons for a 16 game schedule are $125, regular seasons are only $75 and for youth & seniors just $45.
Cutting expenses in going to ANY game is smart work I don't think the school does anything to promote women's sports. Both the basketball and lacrosse teams are fun to watch You usually get more than your moneys worth watching their games.

While it's certainly cheap, starting at $30 for a family of four to get in the door is a hurdle. At least kids should be free. SU needs a marketing overhaul in a big way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom