It's truly a shame the refs took this one away from us | Syracusefan.com

It's truly a shame the refs took this one away from us

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Way too involved. Way too many cheap fouls. They definitely didn't have the skill set to ref this game. It's really a shame to see such a great season end at the ends of horrific reffing.

I don't want to hear another living soul from an opposing team ever complain about the refs against us. We are forever owed every call in our favor from here on out. Such a shame at such a crucial time the refs decided to be in the spotlight.

We missed at least 4 layups, Dion and CJ were largely a non-factors with three FGs between them and Kris with 2 boards and 4 TOs. That my friends was the difference. Sure the refs sucked but ultimately we didn't show up.

We missed at least 4 layups, Dion and CJ were largely a non-factors with three FGs between them and Kris with 2 boards and 4 TOs. That my friends was the difference. Sure the refs sucked but ultimately we didn't show up.

How many of those "missed" layups were the result of non-calls? Quite a few.

I wish I could have seen the two teams play in a loosely officiated game. Only place I ever wanted to see tight officiating was on Craft, but that wasn't the case at all until half way through the second half.

Oh well, on to next year. My wounds will heal once Noel commits.

We got ass-raped. Both ends of the floor. I'm tired of the 'we should have done this or that' crap.

We got . In the ass. With no lubricant.

Ohio State, that state.

Yep. Poorly officiated but also poorly played. Other than Scoop hitting a few 3's the offense was out of sorts all game. 18 points from Lenzelle Smith Jr was the difference. This reminded of a game where SU was knocked out early due to poor play. You can't expect to win an Elite 8 game when you play poorly. I'm disappointed but it is hard to get too down on this team. They played a great season and they played hard tonight. I don't really want to think about next year yet but mostly I will miss Kris and Scoop and most likely Dion and Fab. By the by...Baye played a heck of a game on defense.
Go Orange! SUball

I really don't think you can even comment on gameplay. We missed some bunnies, especially those two early ones by KJ and Dion - wow, those were both hard to watch. However, when the officials call a game like this there is just no way to know what would have happened.

The refs took away the chance for us to see if we could beat Ohio State or if they could beat us.

Instead we got a cluster of whistles and were left a sour taste in our mouth, because all we know for sure is that if you spot Ohio State 20 free throws they can beat us. That's the only conclusion I can make after 4o minutes of basketball - and that's a shame.

In a legit game they might still win, but who knows.

Dion= early bullshit foul trouble=pressing=missed layouts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom