I've never felt so apathetic after a first round NCAA loss | Syracusefan.com

I've never felt so apathetic after a first round NCAA loss

Zepharus

Starter
I suspect I have a lot of company after the posts last night and this morning. I was as die hard a Cuse fan as you'd find until about 2017... now im casual with an increasingly waning interest in the program.

Being a business professional, i try to relate everything to the business world. If im sitting down and planning to do a review with the basketball program as a whole, i'm strongly considering talking to my recruiters about finding me a new leader.

It's really that simple. it is not fun being a fan right now

I suspect I have a lot of company after the posts last night and this morning. I was as die hard a Cuse fan as you'd find until about 2017... now im casual with an increasingly waning interest in the program.

Being a business professional, i try to relate everything to the business world. If im sitting down and planning to do a review with the basketball program as a whole, i'm strongly considering talking to my recruiters about finding me a new leader.

It's really that simple. it is not fun being a fan right now
But never fear! There is no way we'll ever lose thousands of STHs said one poster. In this instant gratification, what-have-you-done-lately, smart-phone world we don't have to worry about people finding better things to do with their money in the winter.

I will say, when I watch film on our recruits, other than the C, who seems like yet another "oh, why," move to me, I'm excited for the first time since Mali, Lydon, Howard, etc...so that's something.

Goodine, Guerrier look to have decent skill sets, athleticism, a fun style of play (thank god), and bringing in former Yankees manager and tough guy Joe Girardi can only help us seem grittier as a team.

Last edited:
I find myself being so amped for Football. I’m already on edge hoping last year wasn’t a blip and we’re truly “back”.

I didn’t even go see Syracuse Basketball when they came to Clemson. I didn’t go to the ACCT in Charlotte. I could’ve. I was even offered great tickets to the Clemson game for free from a Clemson booster. Just don’t care enough given the state of the program.

I did go to Syracuse/Clemson Football last year. I am planning trips, already, to go to some football games next year.

I’ve gone to every Syracuse Basketball game in the SE (minus Duke/UNC) since I moved to ATL a few years ago.

I’m officially apathetic, and it shows in my $$$ spending. If anyone thinks this can’t/won’t affect the fanbase...id present you me, an actual diehard, as exhibit A

I find myself being so amped for Football. I’m already on edge hoping last year wasn’t a blip and we’re truly “back”.

I didn’t even go see Syracuse Basketball when they came to Clemson. I didn’t go to the ACCT in Charlotte. I could’ve. I was even offered great tickets to the Clemson game for free from a Clemson booster. Just don’t care enough given the state of the program.

I did go to Syracuse/Clemson Football last year. I am planning trips, already, to go to some football games next year.

I’ve gone to every Syracuse Basketball game in the SE (minus Duke/UNC) since I moved to ATL a few years ago.

I’m officially apathetic, and it shows in my $$$ spending. If anyone thinks this can’t/won’t affect the fanbase...id present you me, an actual diehard, as exhibit A
Same story here. For the first time in my professional career I'm using 2019 PTO to travel up to Syracuse for a football game instead of a basketball game.