I've never rooted for Duke before | Syracusefan.com

I've never rooted for Duke before

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
I've never rooted for Duke before.

I will probably never root for Duke.

But today, today is the day. Today is the one and only time I will ever root for Duke. I'm trying to pull out my inner Cameron Crazy today.

But after today, I will never root for those Blue Devils again!

I don't worry about which cards we are dealt. Nobody here wanted Indiana over whoever they beat. Nobody here wanted Marquette over Miami.

Bottom line, if we are really the best team we will beat whoever is in our path. In 2003 Oklahoma & Kansas looked very formidable. If somebody is better than us.....so be it.

Reading these players quotes...the revenge factor has been a big deal since the GTown swat down

I think after the BET final...these guys would welcome another crack at LVille

I'm not worried about playing LVille again ... I actually like our chances. That said, I'd rather not play anymore Big East teams, especially LVille, what would that be a fourth game? No thanks, variety is the spice of life.

Syracuse vs Duke National Championship would be awesome! I have never seen a Cuse Duke game so seeing it as the National Championship would unreal. Im sick of playing and dealing with Louisville. Really hoping for a Duke Cuse National Championship.

BUT... We wont have to worry about this if we dont beat Fla/Mich

I agree. Go Blue Devils

You've been right on so much I was actually debating who to pull for in the game - and decided whoever you were pulling for was my pick, too. So go Duke!

I've never had a problem with Duke. I don't understand the hatred for them, other than the fact that they're consistently good. That's why there are so many who hate Syracuse...because they're good every year.

Duke, Wichita State, Michigan/Florida (haven't decided which one I want yet), Syracuse would be an awesome Final Four.

Screw that. I'm not remotely afraid of Louisville. We've played them as well as just about anyone this year. Won on the road, could have won at home, and just blew it in the BET title game.

Plus, as others have said, if we are facing them we are in the title game, which I'm totally okay with. Let's get by either Michigan or Florida first, of course.

But bring on the Cards or the Devils OR the Shockers (let's not forget about them at this point).

Of course the one thing I'd like about a matchup against Duke is that we already know we would get a championship rematch next season.

Louisville's guard pressure is why I want the Dukies to win. Kelly would be a tough matchup if we played them, but I am sick of Ware, Russ Smith, and Siva and all the fouling they do on their press. Plus, with Triche ailing I don't want Cooney having to play against that pressure. With that said if Florida wins today against Michigan we will see the same type of game we will have played against Louisville in that the Gators press a lot. So I would think SU fans want Michigan and Duke to win.

I'd ahve no problem facing UofL again.

I think some of you are underestimating Curry and Kelly.

I really don't care at this point, IU was the team I feared the most.

I'd ahve no problem facing UofL again.

I think some of you are underestimating Curry and Kelly.

I really don't care at this point, IU was the team I feared the most.
I feared IU too, until I got a look at their guards. And I agree about the Duke shooters. They scare the crap out of me. Of course I also agree with the people mentioning the pressure of Louisville. At this point every team is going to have something to fear. That's why they are here.

I feared IU too, until I got a look at their guards. And I agree about the Duke shooters. They scare the crap out of me. Of course I also agree with the people mentioning the pressure of Louisville. At this point every team is going to have something to fear. That's why they are here.
We beat Louisville in their house.
We were beating them at the Dome until the last 2 minutes.
We were up by double digits in the 2nd half at the Garden until they blizted us the last 15 minutes.

It's not like they've dominated us in their 2 wins, and I don't think they'd beat us 3 times in a month, I just don't.

I've always been scared of teams with great 3 point shooters but with our crazy length and ability to get out on shooters, I'm just not that worried about that. If we don't want a team to make threes we just won't let them. It's as simple as that.

I don't worry about which cards we are dealt. Nobody here wanted Indiana over whoever they beat. Nobody here wanted Marquette over Miami.

Bottom line, if we are really the best team we will beat whoever is in our path. In 2003 Oklahoma & Kansas looked very formidable. If somebody is better than us.....so be it.
I wanted Marquette over Miami!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom