Ive seen enough | Syracusefan.com

Ive seen enough

jgeorge322

Living Legend
fairly certain this is a tourney team. Not the greatest shooting but frank tyus and oshae can create enough miss matches on offense to compete with almost anyone. Combine that with our rebounding prowess and solid defense, and i see us in the range of a 6 seed come march. Remember, almost every team has major flaws in college bball.

Based on the ACC looking very average outside Duke , Miami and UVA I think we are a tourney team as well. My biggest worry is staying healthy and defending the 3 pt shot.

We have to get healthy before we can stay healthy. I'm worried Bourama may never be right. Cannot win with just PC as our only real center. He's awfully tall.

Last edited:
We have to get healthy before we can stay healthy. I'm worried Bourama may never be right. Cannot win with PC. He's awful.

He is adequate if we had more options.. as the only guy just too limited on offense. I worry same with Sidibe. Only option is if Marek can learn fast enough to be Tyler 2.0 in the middle. He has the hustle and tenacity.. but also the toothpick syndrome issue.

What is up with PC's goggles? He's still taking them off and adjusting them all the time. Kentucky had QG in special sunglasses when he hurt his eye. Maybe we could try that. PC's are new this year but they're still bothering him.

Last edited:
I think we are too because as it has been the last few years - the bubble is going to have bad teams and lots of them. I don't see us sniffing a single digits seed.

and if we can get a healthy Sidibe (hopefully soon) - makes us better
I see this as item number one in importance, followed closely by our terrible offense and streaky shooting. I think our offense is what it is, and we’ll have to deal with it. Our defense could be very very good, and when Sid was healthy, he was by far the better option. PC is good there, but to add 5 more fouls and allow them to be more aggressive challenging shots would be so huge.

fairly certain this is a tourney team. Not the greatest shooting but frank tyus and oshae can create enough miss matches on offense to compete with almost anyone. Combine that with our rebounding prowess and solid defense, and i see us in the range of a 6 seed come march. Remember, almost every team has major flaws in college bball.

Assuming we win tomorrow night, 9 more wins are not going to come easy in the ACC. We will need at least 20 wins not to be a bubble team.

Assuming we win tomorrow night, 9 more wins are not going to come easy in the ACC. We will need at least 20 wins not to be a bubble team.

I think well win 11 or 12

11-2, (assuming we will beat EMU), is certainly better than 8-5 but I think we we need to at least split our conference games to get in. We can do that in what looked to be a weaker ACC but we'll need someone other than the "Big Three" to step forward as a scorer. There's just too much of a gap between them and the rest of the roster and it's too easy for a good defensive team to guard just three guys. I hope I don't have to continue to wonder what we'd be like if Tyler had stayed.