Izzo to the NBA? | Syracusefan.com

Izzo to the NBA?

To be clear, this is Orlando pursuing him, not the other way around.

Boeheim really stuck up for him and defended him in that presser before the MSU game, fwiw.

To be clear, this is Orlando pursuing him, not the other way around.

His agent could have put his name out there. Happens a lot.

The owner of the Magic (Amway too), the DeVos family, have deeply seeded ties to the state of Michigan. It's not a surprise that if indeed Izzo is interested in the position, that Orlando is making a play.

Hmmm, this could be an attempt to remind whoever is running Michigan St. that Izzo is in high demand and he deserves a couple of more years tacked on to his contract with a higher salary.

Could be Izzo is tired of covering up heinous crimes committed by his players and coaches.

Or maybe he just wants another chance to inexplicably bench Jaren Jackson Jr. in his team’s most important game of the season.

I can’t figure it out.

Hmmm, this could be an attempt to remind whoever is running Michigan St. that Izzo is in high demand and he deserves a couple of more years tacked on to his contract with a higher salary.

Could be Izzo is tired of covering up heinous crimes committed by his players and coaches.

Or maybe he just wants another chance to inexplicably bench Jaren Jackson Jr. in his team’s most important game of the season.

I can’t figure it out.

Ehhhh his name comes up every once in a while for a NBA gig. He was associated with the Cavs job for a minute in 2010.

I don't understand the argument that he should be fired. You don't fire a coach who has done the things he has for that program just because he made a couple poorly worded comments about a scandal. He wasn't a part of the abuse or the cover-up.

It astounds me how eager some people seem nowadays to see others lose their jobs.

Normally, I don't pay any attention to these newsfeeds...a HOF leaving now to go to the nba? very rare but with his situation still a little merky, you never know

Izzo was begged pretty hard by his friend then-President of the Timberwolves Flip Sanders in 2014 to take the TWolves head job. Izzo took a while before declining the offer. Flip said he thought Izzo wanted to coach in the NBA someday.

This is Orlando asking for Izzo, not Izzo asking Orlando.
Very unlikely to happen.

He has shown no interest in better opportunities than the Magic right now. He'll survive the scandal. He should be able to recruit like he has been hes not a Burger Boy or bust coach.

If he takes the job I guarantee he doesn't draft his overrated stiff ex player JJJ that got royally bitch slapped by Marek in his own back yard.

I don't understand the argument that he should be fired. You don't fire a coach who has done the things he has for that program just because he made a couple poorly worded comments about a scandal. He wasn't a part of the abuse or the cover-up.

It astounds me how eager some people seem nowadays to see others lose their jobs.
Are you talking about the Nassar scandal? Or the sexual assault scandal?

Boeheim would have lost his job 3-4x if we kept the same standard. Izzo is well respected in the coaching ranks. Those who live in glass houses...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom