Class of 2015 - Jabari Parker? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Jabari Parker?

Jamesvillecuse

2nd String
a month or so ago Donna posted a link to an article about his vision problems on twitter. In the article it said that he signed a bunch of stuff and the Doctors GAVE him eye exam, contacts, glasses and goggles. sorry I don't have link to the story but if this is true wouldn't it be a violation of his ameteur status?

Can't find anything on it. Also, I'd assume since the college season ended more than a month ago and now he's going pro, he isn't considered an amateur anymore. I wouldn't expect to hear anything about this, as we rightly shouldn't. Its a non-story

I was just asking for opinions on whether it was a violation not saying it would be an issue because it was before he went to Duke but thanks for your response. I just searched under Jabari Parker vision problems but I am tech idiot don't know how to post link.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just asking for opinions on whether it was a violation not saying it would be an issue because it was before he went to Duke but thanks for your response. I just searched under Jabari Parker vision problems but I am tech idiot don't know how to post link.
Heres the Link: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304732804579421273134616260

Heres the line I assume you are referring to: "After he signed magazine covers for them, Parker's doctors gave him glasses, contact lenses and, at his mother's urging, athletic goggles..."

I'm assuming his family paid the optometrist, and he just signed the magazines as a thank you type of thing. So no violation from what I'm seeing. Just poorly worded by the writer.

zqbu4b.jpg

i cant believe this is an actual thread but i think eye insurance would cover something like this.

This is the type of thing that should be available to the student athletes.

Heres the Link: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304732804579421273134616260

Heres the line I assume you are referring to: "After he signed magazine covers for them, Parker's doctors gave him glasses, contact lenses and, at his mother's urging, athletic goggles..."

This almost sounds like the reporter here knows something and tried to rat out the kid/program in a backhanded way.

....after he signed magazine covers, but Emmert would never dear to investigate against a blueblood of a program

We're going to punish a kid for receiving extra medical treatment for his vision problems?

He could be a Power Forward for the Nazis, he should still have the right to free contacts if his doctors offer it, despite what some four-letter organization says.