JAB's Post-GTech Presser | Syracusefan.com

JAB's Post-GTech Presser

kingtidge

All American

Interesting Points:
  • Very calm and collected
  • Actually tells it like it is without excuses - we're simply not good enough. "We can't stop anybody."
  • Owns the fact that the terrible defense is on him
  • Confirms that Bell dogging it in practice crossed his name of starter list
  • Does not know why they are regressing
  • Wasn't confrontational with anyone
Refreshing to see him actually tell some truth with humility and taking responsibility for the performance...

Last edited:

Interesting Points:
  • Actually tells it like it is without excuses - we're simply not good enough
Refreshing to see him actually tell some truth with humility and takes responsibility for the performance...
The horse has left the barn. The toothpaste is outta the tube. The milk has been spilled, & the cookie's done crumbled. And yes... JB finally owns his part in it. Yippee

The horse has left the barn. The toothpaste is outta the tube. The milk has been spilled, & the cookie's done crumbled. And yes... JB finally owns his part in it. Yippee

Has anyone seen Slim?

nowadays the echo chamber of media and social media is invasive...

posters and bloggers etc have every right to speak their minds and say what they feel...etc

but if they truly want their team to do well...it begs the question if slagging their team online is really conducive to that end...i'm guilty of it myself

gotta wonder if the team has read and felt what fans, bloggers, posters etc have said about them and it has caused them to lose motivation...idk...not excusing it per se...

but maybe the online noise has convinced them to give up on their coach.

Interesting Points:
  • Actually tells it like it is without excuses - we're simply not good enough
  • Wasn't confrontational with anyone
Refreshing to see him actually tell some truth with humility and taking responsibility for the performance...
He gone.

posters and bloggers etc have every right to speak their minds and say what they feel...etc

but if they truly want their team to do well...it begs the question if slagging their team online is really conducive to that end...i'm guilty of it myself

gotta wonder if the team has read and felt what fans, bloggers, posters etc have said about them and it has caused them to lose motivation...idk...not excusing it per se...

I'm shocked that recruits cancel their visits after reading what social media has to say about the team and the coaching staff.

That would make the most sense. No farewell tour, but he gets a shot at a Cinderella run through the ACCT.
And if we lose before the finals, announce it during the final game, make that the story of the tournament.

went on much longer than i anticipated. he still jumps in early on questions but overall was unusually courteous instead of curt with reporters. owned responsibility for the defense .still cannot believe he actually came back to the podium to actually answer a student question . yeah...he definitely got his peepee slapped by somebody upstairs. much different mojo there.

Did he cut off Donna before she had a chance to finish asking her question? When he does this, it’s the most douchebag move ever.

The product on the floor is the #1 issue right now. Not the fans reaction to the product.
i dont disagree with you...

but there is perhaps more than 1 issue at play, no?

if the team has given up...and it seems that they may have...JB said bell did nothing in practice for 6 straight plays, for example...

then WHY have they given up?

if the team has given up...and it seems that they may have...JB said bell did nothing in practice for 6 straight plays, for example...

Because they don't respect the coach and his gameplan

...or their teammates skill or, rather, lack of

Coaches can't connect w them or inspire them. They were sold a bill of goods on how good they were and tournament talk combined w close losses then outclassed by Duke sunk them. Then they lost faith in the scheme and feel the scheme puts them at a competitive disadvantage. Just spitballing.

And then look at Joe Jesse jba as seniors. They only have 1 tournament appearance in 3 seasons prior. It's hard for them to really preach to them.

Coaches can't connect w them or inspire them. They were sold a bill of goods on how good they were and tournament talk combined w close losses then outclassed by Duke sunk them. Then they lost faith in the scheme and feel the scheme puts them at a competitive disadvantage. Just spitballing.

And then look at Joe Jesse jba as seniors. They only have 1 tournament appearance in 3 seasons prior. It's hard for them to really preach to them.
preseason : “Our freshmen as a group are very advanced,’' Boeheim said. “I always say that some freshmen are ready and some aren’t. I think we have six freshmen that can play. Obviously, some of them are going to play more than others, but I think they’re ready to play and that’s not always the case with freshmen."

yesterday's presser : "you know he's a freshman...maybe he just doesn't get it "

Last edited:

Bad coaches get fired.
We have a coach who is past his due date.
All his past decisions from these last few years have landed all at once.
With a serious "thud".
Turn out the lights. The party is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom