James at the 2 | Syracusefan.com

James at the 2

Gabjon

All American
I can't believe how well he played the 2 yesterday and I love it for so many reasons that it is hard to put them in any kind of order so I'm doing to discuss it in terms of offense and defense.

Defense: James at the 2 means more minutes for Grant who is leading the team in rebounds per minute. It also makes the zone the longest in SU history, which means more tipped passes and more fast breaks with 6'-8" James either forcing it or dunking it both are hard for a guard to stop.

Offense: James will have his jump shot contested by guards who will zero chance to effect his shot and it will give space for either CJ or the bigs to operate in the half court, because every coach will face guard him 8-9 from 3 is 8-9 from 3 even if you are in the gym alone.

Adding benefit: Paging Wiggins, Lawrence, Roberson, Vonleh we have a 6'-8" athlete playing the 2!

It also gives SU the biggest lineup in the country and a distinct advantage every single game, as long as the lineup is on the court. It'll be fun watching guards trying to shoot over him.

I can't believe how well he played the 2 yesterday and I love it for so many reasons that it is hard to put them in any kind of order so I'm doing to discuss it in terms of offense and defense.

Defense: James at the 2 means more minutes for Grant who is leading the team in rebounds per minute. It also makes the zone the longest in SU history, which means more tipped passes and more fast breaks with 6'-8" James either forcing it or dunking it both are hard for a guard to stop.

Offense: James will have his jump shot contested by guards who will zero chance to effect his shot and it will give space for either CJ or the bigs to operate in the half court, because every coach will face guard him 8-9 from 3 is 8-9 from 3 even if you are in the gym alone.

Adding benefit: Paging Wiggins, Lawrence, Roberson, Vonleh we have a 6'-8" athlete playing the 2!

No doubt he looked impressive at the 2 last night, but the acid test will come against legitimate D1 backcourts. I hate to dampen your enthusiasm, but if we see a lot of Southy at the 2 this season, it will likely mean Triche or Cooney is injured, or Cooney is not ready for prime time.

No doubt he looked impressive at the 2 last night, but the acid test will come against legitimate D1 backcourts. I hate to dampen your enthusiasm, but if we see a lot of Southy at the 2 this season, it will likely mean Triche or Cooney is injured, or Cooney is not ready for prime time.

Frankly I'm concerned about Cooney but in fairest to him I can't make any judgements from one game.

Frankly I'm concerned about Cooney but in fairest to him I can't make any judgements from one game.

I know many have very high expectations for him (to say the least) but I need to see a lot more of Cooney before I'll have an opinion on where he'll fit in this season. That was one exhibition game after missing time.

Playing James as a guard weakens the team at 2 positions - it puts a sub-optimal body in the backcourt at the same time it takes the best defender out of the frontcourt.

I've probably been James' biggest fan for his entire career, but I can't see him logging a lot of minutes at the 2. He's simply the emergency 2, not unlike Kris Joseph was at times.

I know many have very high expectations for him (to say the least) but I need to see a lot more of Cooney before I'll have an opinion on where he'll fit in this season. That was one exhibition game after missing time.

Agreed!

Playing James as a guard weakens the team at 2 positions - it puts a sub-optimal body in the backcourt at the same time it takes the best defender out of the frontcourt.

I've probably been James' biggest fan for his entire career, but I can't see him logging a lot of minutes at the 2. He's simply the emergency 2, not unlike Kris Joseph was at times.

Ok first what the hell is your Avatar? It is freaky! and second I'm not proposing a ton of minutes for James at the 2 but I want to see more before the idea is scrapped.

Ok first what the hell is your Avatar? It is freaky! and second I'm not proposing a ton of minutes for James at the 2 but I want to see more before the idea is scrapped.
Its clearly an American bulldog diving for a ball underwater. Duh.

where are the back legs and why does the body look so small
Has a lt to do with the camera . And American bulldogs have monster heads, maki.g everything look small.

It also gives SU the biggest lineup in the country and a distinct advantage every single game, as long as the lineup is on the court. It'll be fun watching guards trying to shoot over him.

It only gives us an advantage if we can actually get the ball up the court into the offensive zone and begin an offensive set. If I were an opposing team I would work very hard to keep the ball from coming into MCW and then go to town on James or whoever tries to bring the ball up.

It only gives us an advantage if we can actually get the ball up the court into the offensive zone and begin an offensive set. If I were an opposing team I would work very hard to keep the ball from coming into MCW and then go to town on James or whoever tries to bring the ball up.

Pressing size is hard because you can pass it over the top. CJ will just come back to and catch the ball at half court.

Its clearly an American bulldog diving for a ball underwater. Duh.
I thought it was Laurie Fine without makeup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom