James is 4-30 from three | Syracusefan.com

James is 4-30 from three

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Since Nova, and 3 of the makes were against ND.

Law of average has got to work in his favor. Which would be perfect timing.

I wish he would do what he did against Louisville and take it inside the paint more. He is so damn athletic and really could take advantage inside more when his shot isnt falling.

I wish he would do what he did against Louisville and take it inside the paint more. He is so damn athletic and really could take advantage inside more when his shot isnt falling.
He is very athletic and you're right about the Louisville game. The problem with him taking it inside is that usually involves dribbling. James' handle is terrible.

more then anything he needs to see the ball go in the hoop to gain his confidence back. if he could start with an easy 7 footer then expand from there i think it would be a huge help for him

He just seems to shoot much better against inferior competition. I don't know if it's a confidence thing, but it has been a pattern.

Terrible shot selection.

Every shot he takes is rushed. He decreases his chances of a make before he ever shoots it.

He needs to go back to the fundamentals. Feet set. Shoulders square. Eye the back of the rim. Breathe. Follow through.

This would improve his chances.

I agree with others. He needs to do other things to get in the rhythm of the game. Take it to the hole. Etc.

I call him Small Games James. He loves our soft non-conference games in November and December.

I call him Small Games James. He loves our soft non-conference games in November and December.
I have joked that he is the Atlantic Sun POY game James. All in good fun I might add.

If vinnie johnson was the microwave (btw, my vote for greatest nickname ever), then james is the freezer.

and Dion is 8/30 since pitt (.266) and just 30/82 overall (.366)

the vaunted SU bench is both hollow (really only a 7.5 rotation) and in a deep, deep funk

Since Nova, and 3 of the makes were against ND.

Didn't DNic have a similar drought in his sophomore year? Maybe not as bad (3-29 is what I remember) You know the kid that dropped 37 that one time on 9-11 3 point shooting?

There is no doubt in my mind that Dirty will have 3 threes in like 92 seconds of gametime soon.

He's had some amazing athletic moves too, the up and reverse under and-1 in Cincinnati was 20 feet from me.

and Dion is 8/30 since pitt (.266) and just 30/82 overall (.366)

the vaunted SU bench is both hollow (really only a 7.5 rotation) and in a deep, deep funk
(with the exception of CJ Fair, whom I guess you are considering a de facto starter?)

Agree that he is rushing his shots. We will need him at some point to make shots.

I think its hard for James to get an inside look because teams are already packing the lane against us, and his handle is suspect as it is. The reality is, he just needs to hit some of his open looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom