James Southerland = Steve Novak? | Syracusefan.com

James Southerland = Steve Novak?

Nice article but I think he compares better with Rashard Lewis than Novak.

I love James, and if he became a 46% 3-point shooter this year I'd be so thrilled but I think that's an unfair comparison by his coach. Steve Novak is one of the best shooters on the planet.

OzfNC.png

0xoUw.png

Not even close at this point, not to mention Novak is also 6'10".

Pfft.

Terrible comparison.

Dirty does the chicken soup. Novak does the discount double check.

Any other comparison is invalid.

I'd be happy if by the end of the year I could just compare him to Demetris Nichols. (I don't follow the NBA at all so had to look up who Steve Novak even was.)

I'd be happy if by the end of the year I could just compare him to Demetris Nichols. (I don't follow the NBA at all so had to look up who Steve Novak even was.)

Really? Novak was on Marquettes final four team with D Wade and Travis Diener.

Really? Novak was on Marquettes final four team with D Wade and Travis Diener.
Marquette was in a Final Four, what year? (Kidding!) Nope the name doesn't ring a bell. Of course I know Wade and I do remember Diener. Guess he never left an impression on me, or my mind is going. ;)

James is a emotional and quick sixth man type jumpshoter. To much Flair. As of last year, a 3-4 shots per game from deep off the bench guy.

If he learns to slow down, spot up, relax, knocking them down then 36-39% maybe. Anything over that could give him a D-Nic or Shumpert look and we would be scary good this year.

Would love to see James try to come in serious and lose the overemotional game. It could be the best thing that happens to him. That starts with confidence on the court more then off.

Novak was a freaking sniper and a 6'10" sniper at that who was a serious weapon. I would kill for James to be even half of what Novak was at Marquette. That could be the worst comparison I have heard in a long time.

Yeah Novak is one of the best shooters I've seen.

I just saw Steve...he was still looking to get his shot off against that Miami perimeter defense. I've never seen someone look so out of their league as he did that series.

I just saw Steve...he was still looking to get his shot off against that Miami perimeter defense. I've never seen someone look so out of their league as he did that series.

Oh man that was painful. He also got a ton of looks from Lin, and the Knicks had no one who could really create for him. He's obviously a limited player, which is why he's bounced around, but that dude can shoot it.

Oh man that was painful. He also got a ton of looks from Lin, and the Knicks had no one who could really create for him. He's obviously a limited player, which is why he's bounced around, but that dude can shoot it.

People can hate on the Heat all they want, but the way Wade and Lebron close out on shooters is just as impressive than anything they do offensively. It's those kind of things that win championships. That's a thing of beauty - to watch that team play team defense.

People can hate on the Heat all they want, but the way Wade and Lebron close out on shooters is just as impressive than anything they do offensively. It's those kind of things that win championships. That's a thing of beauty - to watch that team play team defense.

Yeah, when your best players, including the best player on the planet, buys into defense like Lebron does, then it makes it hard for the other guys not to.

Nice article but I think he compares better with Rashard Lewis than Novak.

Two-time NBA All-Star and 15K career point scorer Rashard Lewis? I like James a lot, but is that a realistic comparison for a kid who probably won't get drafted?

Two-time NBA All-Star and 15K career point scorer Rashard Lewis? I like James a lot, but is that a realistic comparison for a kid who probably won't get drafted?
a comparison doesn't mean he is as good or will have the same career. It just means there games are similar. Sketch 4 not physical can run and jump but not rebound...James

lol at comparing James to anyone in the NBA

Yes next time I will compare him to a person nobody has heard of because that makes sense

Yes next time I will compare him to a person nobody has heard of because that makes sense
actually it would make more sense, yes

James has skills, man. He just has to slow down and relax.

Well, and hit the boards harder.

James has to learn that he needs to shoot, even if he isn't 100% clear and wide open this season. He doesn't have the luxury of just waiting to be wide open anymore. I hope he tightened up that release and got some aggression this summer.

instead of stepping on the gas he passes the gas.