jamil wilson | Syracusefan.com

jamil wilson

Was thinking the same thing...contain him and we win. Gardner has never had a game before or after like the game against us. Blue and Wilson must be held in check

this guy scares me, he been playing well, he could be a zone buster.
With last nights zone i'm not to worried. More worried about how... U...G...L...Y you ain't got no alibi you ugly... Clap,clap, clap clap... you ugly... Clap, clap, clap clap the game is going to be. ;)

Edit: I don't care how ugly it gets, if it means we win it all, I'll kiss that Mantoniooooooooooo... er um... I mean pig! Put on that lipstick baby!!!

yep he actually scares me more than Blue or the heavyweight - has emerged as a Deshaun Thomas type player

Not too worried about any of their individual players, they do everything by committee. The only guys that stand out at all are Blue who is the scoring leader and Otule who is the only bad FT shooter they have. He's the only one we should send to the line so if he gets the ball whack him every time.

We'll just have to pack it in on them. They are a 31% three point shooting team with zero players shooting above 40%... Pack that zone in and dare them to beat us from three..

Wilson and Blue are big time players and clutch players

Was thinking the same thing...contain him and we win. Gardner has never had a game before or after like the game against us. Blue and Wilson must be held in check
You may be right about Gardner not having a game like the one vs us , but, look at his stats. He is close to 60% from the field and 85% from the line. He still can hurt us bad.

You may be right about Gardner not having a game like the one vs us , but, look at his stats. He is close to 60% from the field and 85% from the line. He still can hurt us bad.

For sure, I just dont see him going bonkers again but we need to account for him at all times also

this guy scares me, he been playing well, he could be a zone buster.
Play him tighter and make him think about his shot. I'm more concerned about their inside defense not allowing MC and CJ along with Brandon to attack the rim with success and getting fouled.:cool:

Wilson is a stud. He's the potential difference maker for MU, not Gardner. I almost hope they try feeding Gardner tomorrow, because Wilson is the better player and the guy that could create more issues if he gets it going.

This may sound crazy, but when the bracket came out, I circled Marquette as our toughest match-up if the two teams ever met. Hindsight is 20/20, but I liked our chances last night. Surprised me that we won so handidly, but not surprised we won at all.

Fast forward to tomorrow. The honeymoon is over from last night and we better get focused. All the talk about our zone, how we beat IU, etc. means nothing to Marquette. They have have our number right now, we need to bring it big time. And yes, Marquette has plenty of players who can hurt us. Just b/c they don't have an all-star, they play collectively like all-stars until the end. They don't go away. They are blue collar, get it done, get to the line, move the ball all over stretcing the zone until they get the shot from where they want.

I guarantee you it will not be a repeat of last night. That said, I hope we beat their a$$.

i'm not really worried about him as a zone buster. Our zone actually works the opposite as the common perception of zone defenses. Usually a team applies a zone defense against teams that have a strong inside presence, or can't shoot. Our zone actually has the opposite effect. We almost play a match up zone, and our wings come out so high to defend , and are so long when challenging 3 point shots we tend to disrupt the outside attack. On the other hand though we are sometime susceptible when teams have big, skilled front courts, especially teams that can hurt us on the offensive glass, or can make good decisions in the high post. Cal and Indiana were 2 of the best 3 point shooting teams in the country and we completely shut them down. Teams like Louisville and Georgetown who have skilled bigs are the ones that can hurt us. I am at the point now where I don't mind seeing good outside shooting teams because I know we can take that away. Marquette shot poorly last time out, but Gardner killed us in the paint. I can't see this changing too drastically, minus the Gardner killing us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom