Jared Sullinger and Deshaun Thomas consider NBA futures | Syracusefan.com

Jared Sullinger and Deshaun Thomas consider NBA futures

sullinger sort of got exposed vs the high jumping white dude withey on kansas...he packaged him like the rim packages paul harris. i dont see sullinger as having a position in the nba.

I say Sullinger is gone. Thomas will test the waters and see how he makes it out before he makes a final decision. Don't see him being a 1st round pick but you never know.

sullinger sort of got exposed vs the high jumping white dude withey on kansas...he packaged him like the rim packages paul harris. i dont see sullinger as having a position in the nba.

Withey definitely did some work on him. You'd think in the NBA he wouldn't be necessarily checked bt 7 footers, but you never know. He definitely has no lift, and that's going to be a problem in the NBA.

Also made me sad; made me think Fab could've done a number on him.

Withey definitely did some work on him. You'd think in the NBA he wouldn't be necessarily checked bt 7 footers, but you never know. He definitely has no lift, and that's going to be a problem in the NBA.

I agree ... same regret about how we would have been able to control him with Fab in the middle.

However, I do believe Sully has NBA potential (PF). He has a mid-range game to go along with his low post offense, he's got excellent size and strength and can rebound out of his area. I would be surprised if he didn't get drafted.

[by edit to add links]
Last year there was talk of him going #1. That's obviously not going to happen this year. But most of the mocks I've seen have him as a lottery pick.

http://www.nba.com/draft/2012/
http://www.mynbadraft.com/2012-NBA-Mock-Draft (10)
http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft (9)
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/ (6)

However, I do believe Sully has NBA potential (PF). He has a mid-range to go along with his low post offense, he's got excellent size and strength and can rebound out of his area. I would be surprised if he didn't get drafted.

Oh he's definitely getting drafted; but he went from a top 5ish back last year, to probably back end of the lottery this year.

He can be a better Charles Oakley-type and play for 15 years. He's already got a better 15-20 ft game, and I don't think he'll struggle to rebound.

I don't really see Oakley; Oakley was a great defender and all he did on offense was shoot jumpers. Sullinger has a nice post game, and I don't see an all league D type defender. Neither guy could jump more than 3 inches off the ground though.

I do think he's going to need to work on that mid range game though, because he's going to struggle a bit in the post since he's a tad undersized and he can't jump.

It never ceases to amaze me how people here respond to one game. So do you think the NBA GM's have thrown everything out, and will concentrate on Withey tape from here on in?

LOL, I guess Harden has no future either, his last game the great defensive duo of Jonny and Devo shut him down. GM's still studying that film.

He's a less athletic Glen Davis

I was thinking of him. But
A) I don't think anyone could be less athletic than Big Baby
B) He's got a few inches on Baby

But I think you'll see a lot of pump fakes out of Sully at the next level

I was thinking of him. But
A) I don't think anyone could be less athletic than Big Baby
B) He's got a few inches on Baby

But I think you'll see a lot of pump fakes out of Sully at the next level
11 Glen Davis PF 26 6-9 289 LSU

It never ceases to amaze me how people here respond to one game. So do you think the NBA GM's have thrown everything out, and will concentrate on Withey tape from here on in?

LOL, I guess Harden has no future either, his last game the great defensive duo of Jonny and Devo shut him down. GM's still studying that film.

Missing shots or having a bad day is one thing..but what sullinger displayed on saturday was an inability to deal with length. You could argue that all the games where he is guarded by stiffs (most of the games throughout this career) are throw out games in terms of scouting. Scouts certainly take a very detailed look at matchups that are more similar to the matchups a player will face at the next level. He will be playing guys taller than him most games and the fact that he cant jump and has difficulty with taller players is not a one game issue. it is like saying a guy ran slow in a game..but it was just one game..so throw it out.

as far as harden is concerned, it was quite obvious he was injured.

Also, Sullinger hasn't had lift his entire career; it's not like it's a new thing just for this game. But it will get exposed more in the NBA, where there are bigger guys.

Sullinger doesn't have a ton of lift, but he is a great rebounder. He plays will a lot of emotion and really seems like he cares about the game. I would rather have him then someone like Andre Drummond, who seems disinterested to me for often then not.

I hear ya' my man, but oh my god, another mention of what could have happened because the gangly 7 footer from Kansas shut Sullinger down. I tend to agree with most that we probably would have won that game but many really need to do a reality check and understand that if OSU and Kansas played again tonight, it could be a completely different outcome. This is a ONE GAME TOURNEY... not always does the better team win. I'm not convinced that Kansas is better than OSU just because of the other night. It's like when one team has success against our zone then everyone thinks the "RECIPE" is out on how to beat the 2-3, and oh no, we're screwed!! The thing is, that just doesn't happen, at least not very often.