Jared Sullinger not invited to draft | Syracusefan.com

Jared Sullinger not invited to draft

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
An ESPN mock draft has him at No. 19. It also has SU's Dion Waiters going to Golden State at No. 7.

Click

Sucks for him in the short term, but in the long run, as long as his back holds up, he'll probably be better off for this.

He's more likely to be picked by a smart team who can get him with value later in the round, and who feels less pressure to have a rookie come in and be a star.

NBA potential doesn't necessarily map to college dominance but it made me laugh when writers said SU had no case that the refs spoiled our game because Sullinger's time was limited in the first half. Supposedly it was obvious that he was the biggest star in the game. Dion was limited to 20 minutes and he's a better player.

Sullinger is a waste of a draft pick. His game will never get it done there. Not athletic, can't jump, is too short to play center and can't guard my mother. He is a good foul shooter but might never get to the line because everyone in the league can block his shot without fouling him. But he'll get guaranteed cash because some moron will pick him. And on the other hand Scoop will never get guaranteed loot...but might have more minutes in the league than that slug.

Sullinger is a waste of a draft pick. His game will never get it done there. Not athletic, can't jump, is too short to play center and can't guard my mother. He is a good foul shooter but might never get to the line because everyone in the league can block his shot without fouling him. But he'll get guaranteed cash because some moron will pick him. And on the other hand Scoop will never get guaranteed loot...but might have more minutes in the league than that slug.

Sullinger will be effective. He's a very good post player. I think he will be a better offensive player than Dejuan (Sp?) Blair. Not as good a rebounder.

Sullinger will be effective. He's a very good post player. I think he will be a better offensive player than Dejuan (Sp?) Blair. Not as good a rebounder.

Being effective against 6'8" centers in the Big Ten and against centers in the NBA are two totally different animals. We shall see. Hard to see him being a very good post player at that size. And Blair is way more athletic that Jared. He will never be invited to dunk contest. It will be very hard for him to get his shot off in the NBA.

Being effective against 6'8" centers in the Big Ten and against centers in the NBA are two totally different animals. We shall see. Hard to see him being a very good post player at that size. And Blair is way more athletic that Jared. He will never be invited to dunk contest. It will be very hard for him to get his shot off in the NBA.

Maybe. But Miami won the title this year by limiting the number of minutes for their bigger centers. There really aren't all that many great shotblockers. And he's got a big enough ass to move guys like Chris Bosh out of the way.

Did you just say he won't be invited to the dunk contest? How many centers/inside players have been other than Dwight Howard? I guess Ibaka, but I'm not really sure that dunking for style points really ever was Sullinger's thing.

Maybe. But Miami won the title this year by limiting the number of minutes for their bigger centers. There really aren't all that many great shotblockers. And he's got a big enough ass to move guys like Chris Bosh out of the way.

Did you just say he won't be invited to the dunk contest? How many centers/inside players have been other than Dwight Howard? I guess Ibaka, but I'm not really sure that dunking for style points really ever was Sullinger's thing.

There aren't all that many shotblockers in the NBA? Really? Are you serious? Sullinger is an unathletic , undersized, fat, center that can't cover the other teams center ......and most importantly can't play power forward. His stock has fallen off the charts. He certainly is impressing everyone. lol.

Good thing the kid was a 2-time 1st team All-America. I wouldn't want to hear the adjectives used to describe his game if he wasn't.

Hmmmm...sounds a lot like Kevin Love.

44cuse

Just add another name to the list of people who saw their stock drop after they came back for another year.

Also, I could definitely see him becoming a bargain now, depending on how far he falls.

Wasn't he a projected top 5 pick last year? Just another example of why you don't come back to college amirite? Cards are all stacked against it.