Class of 2014 - Jared Terrell | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Jared Terrell

Who is better Whitehead or Terrell?

• Total voters

Francis03

All American
Plays at Brewster along with McCullough and Patterson. Told Evan Daniels in his latest recruiting update that SU is recruiting him. Would be a nice addition if things doesn't work out with Whitehead.

very Waiter-ish. I was wondering if we were ever going to start recruiting him, he prolly feels a little left out at Brewster with all of his teammates coming to Cuse.

whoa. he does look like waiters. Better jumper though. Pretty nice form. Squares up nice.

Looks a little short though. How tall is he? I would guess maybe 6'

whoa. he does look like waiters. Better jumper though. Pretty nice form. Squares up nice.

Looks a little short though. How tall is he? I would guess maybe 6'
Don't have any official measurements on him but he's listed between the 6'3-6'4 range. Definitely taller than 6'0.

I'm a fan. When I saw Brewster play he stood out to me because he didn't look like a under developed high school kid. Has a strong dribble, and can handle some contact on the drive.

I've never seen Whitehead play so I can't speak on him. But he's listed at 190 on espn and Terrell is 220.

I do have to say that I love the Brewster connection we have going. They run a good program, and their head coach (Jason Smith) knows his stuff.

Yeah I posted on him a few months back. There was this video that said the next dion waiters by him.
Of course its always best to learn from players in game more then highlight videos
I think he decided to stay a extra year in school, which can only help our chances now.

Good looking player. He looks to me 6'2 to 6'3. It would be a solid get if we can get him.

I love this kids game. Seems like a more refined, slightly taller Jonny Flynn with a better stroke.

If I had my choice between landing him or Whitehead... I'd say "yes".

Another thing. Do NOT underestimate the value of taking multiple players that played a lot of club ball together. Most athletes will tell you that their club team was better than their college team... and will hold true for pretty much every sport (sans football which really doesn't have a 'club' system). It's akin to getting freshman that play like seniors due to all the inherent chemistry and understanding that comes from playing thousands of games together.

Doesn't Whitehead also play with McCullough? Really can't lose here, just want to comfortably land one of them & be able to take a year off from riding the recruit-o-coaster.

I'd love to land a 2014 class of McCullough, Goodluck, then one of Whitehead or Terrell. That would be a perfect compliment to the class this year and the group of program guys. Stack a potential 2-3 year guy along with a one and done on top of solid program players who all fit real well in our system.

Another thing. Do NOT underestimate the value of taking multiple players that played a lot of club ball together. Most athletes will tell you that their club team was better than their college team... and will hold true for pretty much every sport (sans football which really doesn't have a 'club' system). It's akin to getting freshman that play like seniors due to all the inherent chemistry and understanding that comes from playing thousands of games together.

Doesn't Whitehead also play with McCullough? Really can't lose here, just want to comfortably land one of them & be able to take a year off from riding the recruit-o-coaster.
McCullough n Whitehead played in an all star game few months ago and the reports were that both looked good playing together and had great chemistry. They both have talk about playing AAU together but haven't done so yet. Sneaker politics may come to prevent that because McCullough is on the Nike circuit, while Whitehead is on the Under Armour circuit.

McCullough n Whitehead played in an all star game few months ago and the reports were that both looked good playing together and had great chemistry. They both have talk about playing AAU together but haven't done so yet. Sneaker politics may come to prevent that because McCullough is on the Nike circuit, while Whitehead is on the Under Armour circuit.
So where did the Whitehead-McCullough connection come from then? All the rumors and articles talking about the two being a package would have you think they'd been playing together for years... but different schools, different AAU teams, different circuits?

So where did the Whitehead-McCullough connection come from then? All the rumors and articles talking about the two being a package would have you think they'd been playing together for years... but different schools, different AAU teams, different circuits?
It's a NYC thing I guess. McCullough is from the Bronx, so I would assume that he has cross paths with Whitehead at various tourneys and events in the city to have formed a solid friendship with him.

I thought McCullough was in 2013 now? Or stayed in 14?

I thought McCullough was in 2013 now? Or stayed in 14?
There were rumors he might be moving but consensus seems to be that he doesn't have the grades and will stay in 2014.

Not sure if this one was posted yet, but crazy Ups! Ever see The Cable Guy, when Jim Carey gets a "boost"? Not sure if he's getting help from his opponent, but ah, who cares, what a dunk.

Really like this kid's tape, but he seems more like a Pitt type of PG.

Not sure if this one was posted yet, but crazy Ups! Ever see The Cable Guy, when Jim Carey gets a "boost"? Not sure if he's getting help from his opponent, but ah, who cares, what a dunk.

wow. crazy thing is that guy defending him gets up pretty high but that guy goes up higher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom