Jay Bilas on inaction of NCAA on this Michigan State-Larry Nassar | Syracusefan.com

Jay Bilas on inaction of NCAA on this Michigan State-Larry Nassar

Alsacs

Living Legend

Disgusting crap.

How the NCAA hasn’t learned from the Penn State incident and are just turning a blind eye now is pathetic.
We got hit with lack of institutional control over a drug policy, YMCA paying 2 players peanuts, and 1
Paper written by a tutor.

Michigan State had a guy ruining hundreds of young ladies lives but that isn’t within their jurisdiction?

The NCAA is doing its best to catch up to FIFA.

I have to give the NCAA credit. Most people I know hate them and think they are one of the most unethical organizations on the planet earth. Then over and over again I think they couldn't dirty their reputation any more and they go and do it. It really is amazing.

Bilas as usual gets it. NCAA is a criminal enterprise.
Emmerts profile is the absolute epitome of a white collar criminal. And obviously he could not have done better within the ncaa. But what surprises me most is this criminal level corruption has by most accounts thrived even more in ncaa than it has in NFL, NBA, MLB, etc.

And then you combine this mockery of amateur education with the criminal level of the rise of the cost of college education- collectively our college Presidents are right up there with Emmert.

So what would be the appropriate response? Shut down the gymnastics program?

Sure, you can believe that the MSU president & other officials should be relieved of their duties, and possibly criminally culpable, but I don't really see much from an NCAA angle on this. They have no authority to fire school presidents, BOT members, sanction the med school, etc...

So what would be the appropriate response? Shut down the gymnastics program?

Sure, you can believe that the MSU president & other officials should be relieved of their duties, and possibly criminally culpable, but I don't really see much from an NCAA angle on this. They have no authority to fire school presidents, BOT members, sanction the med school, etc...
I think if you look here, The 16 Principles for Conduct of Intercollegiate Athletics
you can find a basis for NCAA action

Twitterverse is all over MSU's President to resign for her inactivity regarding Larry Nasser and all over Tom Izzo for a comment in his statement that he said "I hope the right person was convicted". Has Izzo paid any attention to what has gone on. It's very sad. This is hundreds times worse than Sandusky.

That’s your takeaway?

I think Nassar is a terrible human being. I think Michigan State admin should absolutely be vilified and pay the price for all that they did.

I fail to see how this is an NCAA matter.

I guess his point is consistency which I agree with. I just am really sick of hearing him continually ring the bell.

I think the NCAA would be well served to sit on the sideline and see how (if) the court system handles the situation. There will be more truth aired in criminal proceedings and/or civil proceedings, if justified, than in any NCAA investigation of the MSU athletic department.

It might be more appropriate to ask what the Michigan Attorney General is doing to investigate the complicity of the MSU administration (state employees) than what the NCAA is doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom