Jay Williams - Louisville's best OOC win was against Cornell | Syracusefan.com

Jay Williams - Louisville's best OOC win was against Cornell

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
What a dolt.

He basically picks on any mid-major that makes it over Florida St. He knows F all about mid-majors but keeps on crying about Florida St (vs St. Joes, BYU, Southern Miss).

It was also humourous when they asked Jay and Seth for their "expertise" as they know how teams should be ranked. Only thing Seth should know is what gets you left on the outside looking in. He should know by now that middling ACC teams get left out.

Last edited:
Lville's resume is weak, that is why we should be seeded ahead of them. They would probably blow our doors off right now, but we have a better body of work.

Just to be clear my point had nothing to do with Louisville's worth. Cornell was clearly not Louisville's best OOC win, although they lack in the area..

The issue was that Jay Williams thought Cornell was fairly good. CORNELL - somewhere in the 300 RPI.

Pitino after today's win "We'll probably be a one seed"

21 wins are have a RPI ranking of 100 or higher

Savvy move by him because he's planting a seed of "disrespect" with his team when they don't get that #1

Just to be clear my point had nothing to do with Louisville's worth. Cornell was clearly not Louisville's best OOC win, although they lack in the area..

The issue was that Jay Williams thought Cornell was fairly good. CORNELL - somewhere in the 300 RPI.

It actually was against the So Miss team that he uses to bolster FSU.

They are the token example of passing the eye test. When you did deeper, they do not deserve to be higher than us. L'ville: SOS is 100, 7-5 vs top 100. Cuse: SOS 73 15-3 against top 100.

They are the token example of passing the eye test. When you did deeper, they do not deserve to be higher than us. L'ville: SOS is 100, 7-5 vs top 100. Cuse: SOS 73 15-3 against top 100.
11 of their wins are against teams with an RPI of 200+. Cuse has 5 wins 200+.

Playing in a piss poor conference does that to a resume. I don't think anybody's playing better basketball right now than Louisville but we won't get credit for it because we're forced to play a CUSA level schedule.

They should let Vegas seed the teams. Waayyy too much emphasis on games in November and December and flawed formulas like the RPI. Then we'll hear that how you're playing down the stretch doesn't matter yet SU will fall from a 1 seed to a 4 seed in the space of two weeks.

Playing in a piss poor conference does that to a resume. I don't think anybody's playing better basketball right now than Louisville but we won't get credit for it because we're forced to play a CUSA level schedule.

Cinci, Memphis, UConn and SMU are all respectable. It certainly doesn't have great depth but I've seen worse. I'll tell you this- I'd take the first 5 of the AAC over the first five of the BE in a heartbeat.

No team wants to see Louisville in their bracket right now. Finished the season on a serious tear. Look forward to having you in the ACC next year, and you won't have to worry about a "CUSA level schedule."

I hope we're both 3's or a 3(them) and 4(us) just to avoid them. If they get a 2, I just hope we aren't the 3.

Louisville damn well should be a one seed and they deserve it. I dont care about their strength of schedule and OOC accomplishments. They are flat out balling and they are blowing the doors off teams. They beat Rutgers by more points than we score in an entire game. When you try and factor how good a team is, there's more to it than just wins and losses, specifically by how much are you beating your competition? It matters. Margin of victor directly correlates with success in the NCAA tourney.

Pitino after today's win "We'll probably be a one seed"

21 wins are have a RPI ranking of 100 or higher
Nothing wrong with coaches who go to bat for their team's interests. It better than saying, well y'know we're not that good.

jay williams is redonkulous

Donkey_from_Shrek.jpg