JB 1000 wins parade | Syracusefan.com

JB 1000 wins parade

General20

Basketball Maven
Many of you know I run a bocce ball league here in Syracuse. Last year we decided to get involved the St. Patrick's Day parade, and turn it into a bit of a championship parade for us.

Besides having our league champs showing off their trophy and championship rings. We decided to recreate the parade scene from Ferris Beuller's Day Off, and I think we pulled it off rather nicely.

St.-Pats-Pic-III.jpg

I bring all this up because the idea this year is to do a Jim Boeheim 1000 win float, so I figured why not come to the biggest die hard fans for ideas.

The basic structure of the float will be a truck pulling a trailer. I figure we have 1000 wins in big 3D letters on each side, probably a sign that says "Our City Our Rules" probably someone dressed up as old school Boeheim. And maybe a slight F you to the NCAA, something like pulling the letters NCAA on the ground on a rope behind the float.

Of course there will be free beer for all the adults and free candy for all the kids (what's the purpose of a float without that?).

Any creative ideas are welcome. And also if anybody is interested in joining us for the day I'd be open to that too, we are a friendly group and we come equipped with lots of free booze.

I'd worry about the language on the sign about the NCAA though- the parade is a heavily attended kid event but fun idea otherwise. I will be there with Irish dancing granddaughters. I'll definitely keep an eye out for you,

I'd worry about the language on the sign about the NCAA though- the parade is a heavily attended kid event but fun idea otherwise. I will be there with Irish dancing granddaughters. I'll definitely keep an eye out for you,

I'm not going to have any bad language on the float. Any anti-NCAA stuff I want to be subtle. I'd rather it be celebratory than bitter. I was thinking just the letters NCAA dragging on the ground off the back of the float. Just a little something good for a laugh for those who happen to notice it.

I'm not going to have any bad language on the float. Any anti-NCAA stuff I want to be subtle. I'd rather it be celebratory than bitter. I was thinking just the letters NCAA dragging on the ground off the back of the float. Just a little something good for a laugh for those who happen to notice it.

I like that idea of dragging the letters.

Great idea for the float, though the "Our City, Our Rules" strikes me as a little too close to alternative facts for comfort.

I wonder if there's some better way to convey the fact that he's obviously won 1000+ games and deserves universal recognition of that fact?

Great idea for the float, though the "Our City, Our Rules" strikes me as a little too close to alternative facts for comfort.

I wonder if there's some better way to convey the fact that he's obviously won 1000+ games and deserves universal recognition of that fact?

That's why I posted here! Hoping for some creative ideas to improve the float.

That's why I posted here! Hoping for some creative ideas to improve the float.

I'm creative-d (like how I'm so creative to have made up a word?) out for the moment, but I'll think about a clever suggestion. There must be something floating (eh?) around out there.

I'm not going to have any bad language on the float. Any anti-NCAA stuff I want to be subtle. I'd rather it be celebratory than bitter. I was thinking just NCAA Infraction Committee Members dragging on the ground off the back of the float. Just a little something good for a laugh for those who happen to notice it.

Fixed...

The question is if you want it to be more matter of fact or funny/irreverent. Matter of fact could be fine. Have the 1000 on there and keep statements like our city our rules off. Still drag your letters as that is a very subtle way of humorous poking at the NCAA.

As for the rest of the float you could have several things. Homages to players, big games, JB's stylish looks, etc. If you have the guts to hang a big screen on the side of the float you could show highlights of big moments. You could make living dioramas of big moments (like in one area of the float you could have a guy in a Hak jersey blocking a shot from a guy in a Kansas jersey and in another area you could have a Sherm hiking the ball, a John Thompson being ejected, a JB ripping the coat off, etc)

The question is if you want it to be more matter of fact or funny/irreverent. Matter of fact could be fine. Have the 1000 on there and keep statements like our city our rules off. Still drag your letters as that is a very subtle way of humorous poking at the NCAA.

As for the rest of the float you could have several things. Homages to players, big games, JB's stylish looks, etc. If you have the guts to hang a big screen on the side of the float you could show highlights of big moments. You could make living dioramas of big moments (like in one area of the float you could have a guy in a Hak jersey blocking a shot from a guy in a Kansas jersey and in another area you could have a Sherm hiking the ball, a John Thompson being ejected, a JB ripping the coat off, etc)
That's one big float. Does he have ten 3D printers and fifteen years to make it? H/t for the imagination, though. Living dioramas FTW.

if only there was a thread capturing all these moments in gif form...

For those interested in how I did with the parade float, here is an article about it.

It was modestly done for $200 including parade entry fees, but it got some positive media attention and a good time was had by all.
St. Pats Parade Recap
I think it was grand. Well done.

Also kudos to the NCAA for arranging bad weather for the parade to give you headaches and minimize the impact.

Those people think of everything. Except what they should be thinking of that is...

For those interested in how I did with the parade float, here is an article about it.

It was modestly done for $200 including parade entry fees, but it got some positive media attention and a good time was had by all.
St. Pats Parade Recap
What's up with the little beaver in the corner?

image.jpg

Yes. My eyes played a trick on me. :oops: Oops. If you squint it looks like a beaver or woodchuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom