JB 3-2 on the road against #1 teams? That is crazy | Syracusefan.com

JB 3-2 on the road against #1 teams? That is crazy

Yeah, I think ESPN said Gary Williams was the only other coach with three wins on the road against a #1 team, and he is 3-11.

Crazy. 59-42 @ UConn I believe they had two key players out and were a markedly different offensive team Voshkul and Alamin?

Are they counting the UConn BET game Terrance Roberts 86-84 OT That was in the garden?

I know at least one of the two losses is storrs. Wonder if its both.

Crazy. 59-42 @ UConn I believe they had two key players out and were a markedly different offensive team Voshkul and Alamin?

Are they counting the UConn BET game Terrance Roberts 86-84 OT That was in the garden?

no that doesnt count as a road game.

uconn 99
louisville 13
duke 19

It was Voshkul and Rip Hamilton

didn't know that. assumed incorrectly one of those would've happened in 80s heyday
All in... JBs 80s teams underachieved bigtime. hoops was different back then tho in so many ways. Back when many of you were zygotes, JB had a rep of doing less with more and more with less.

I think El-Amin played but Hamilton didn't. Soulemane Wane probably started with Voskuhl out, I don't remember which forward would've replaced Hamilton. But I agree. If not an "asterisk" game, it's at least worth noting that UConn was really limited without two starters. They crushed us on senior day at the Dome. Hope we don't see a repeat of that next month when Duke presumably has everyone healthy.

All in... JBs 80s teams underachieved bigtime. hoops was different back then tho in so many ways. Back when many of you were zygotes, JB had a rep of doing less with more and more with less.
i'm a man, i'm 40 (and then some), I remember the 80s

my grandma died and we went to the wake and everyone says that puts things in perpective and then i went home and watched them lose to richmond with absolutely no change in perspective whoever says that death puts things in perspective is lying

I would've expected more road games against number one teams in the 80s, wins or losses

There's something to that, but they were also constrained by circumstance: a quick scan of orangehoops.org shows that SU played the #1 team only four times in the '80s. Three of those were at home (they lost to UNC in '84, beat Georgetown and lost to St. John's in '85) and the fourth was against Georgetown in New York in '85.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom