JB calls time out ,set plays | Syracusefan.com

JB calls time out ,set plays

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
How do you guys feel about when we need a basket after a team makes a run , has momentum, then jb calls an alley oop to melo , atleast i think he did, id rather it be the spot up 3 from kjo which he excelled at and not the more dangerous lob city dunk attemp.

I would rather have a coach with 890 wins draw up the play.
For sure stuck , im a fan of the alley oop in transition, less so on set plays unless hes open, make no mistake jb does make mistakes, just less than his competion, thats why hes a hof beast!

For sure stuck , im a fan of the alley oop in transition, less so on set plays unless hes open, make no mistake jb does make mistakes, just less than his competion, thats why hes a hof beast!
albany, you are trying. I have to give you that. You remind me of buck henry playing a radio talk show host on snl years ago (before your time, I'm sure). You might want to try what are your 5 favorite movies next.

albany, you are trying. I have to give you that. You remind me of buck henry playing a radio talk show host on snl years ago (before your time, I'm sure). You might want to try what are your 5 favorite movies next.
I dont get what you mean? Care to explain?

I think he simply means, during these dig days of summer, you are doing your best to try and stimulate conversation.

I think he simply means, during these dig days of summer, you are doing your best to try and stimulate conversation.
Ok i thought he was implying i was taking a shot a jb, but wasnt sure, gracias amigo!

i both criticize and love JB with the best of them... but the man is good with set plays after a TO.

i both criticize and love JB with the best of them... but the man is good with set plays after a TO.
I hear ya, but my post wasnt meant to criticize him. if it was you know i would have no problem doing so : ) Lob city set plays to risky imo , in transition , green light, id rather kjo shoot or slash to draw a foul, and make 1 of 2 ft's ; )

How do you guys feel about when we need a basket after a team makes a run , has momentum, then jb calls an alley oop to melo , atleast i think he did, id rather it be the spot up 3 from kjo which he excelled at and not the more dangerous lob city dunk attemp.

I don't want to see JB drawing up any more plays for Melo or Joseph because they are no longer on the team.

exactly

Oh, yeah, I remember that skit now. No one would call in to his overnight talk show. His final talking point was "Killing baby puppies, for or against?"

If the players carry out the plan, SU will get a good shot. I remember Craig Forth saying he brokw off a set play early in a game and scored. JB pulled him because the play he called was designed to score and set up a different play late in the game. Craig breaking off thw play hurt the future play.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

One thing I have noticed through the years is that JB's plays out of a timeout seem to have a very high percentage of success . . . it's amazing because no matter how well drawn up they are, in the end they depend on execution and knocking down shots, but time and again they work.

One thing I have noticed through the years is that JB's plays out of a timeout seem to have a very high percentage of success . . . it's amazing because no matter how well drawn up they are, in the end they depend on execution and knocking down shots, but time and again they work.

*Except the last play of the first half, which we seem to screw up about nine out of ten times. (We were much better at that this season; Waiters had a knack for scoring in those situations.)

*Except the last play of the first half, which we seem to screw up about nine out of ten times. (We were much better at that this season; Waiters had a knack for scoring in those situations.)

Yes, the isolations usually don't work because they are so predictable, especially when you have a selfish player with the ball. His plays out of time outs, though, involve more than 1 player, and usually are effective.

Yes, the isolations usually don't work because they are so predictable, especially when you have a selfish player with the ball. His plays out of time outs, though, involve more than 1 player, and usually are effective.

Yeah, I've long wondered why he (pretty much) only runs isolations in end-of-half situations; seems we'd have much greater success with something more complex (as we usually run coming out of a timeout).

Oh, yeah, I remember that skit now. No one would call in to his overnight talk show. His final talking point was "Killing baby puppies, for or against?"
Isn't that redundant ? :)