JB criticizes Big East scheduling: 'It's stupid' | Syracusefan.com

JB criticizes Big East scheduling: 'It's stupid'

Won't have to worry about any more Big Monday games in the ACC. No more Sat/Mon turnarounds. ACC games are usually Wednesday/Saturday or Sunday. Unless of course ESPN decides to replace Big East games on Mondays with the ACC.

Won't have to worry about any more Big Monday games in the ACC. No more Sat/Mon turnarounds. ACC games are usually Wednesday/Saturday or Sunday. Unless of course ESPN decides to replace Big East games on Mondays with the ACC.
Big Monday may be ACC Monday in a year or two...

Big Monday may be ACC Monday in a year or two...
Hard to imagine the football school conference (Sun Beast) or catholic school conference (Big Catholic) being popular enough to retain the Big Monday slot. Maybe they can get the Medium Thursday or Little Saturday slot instead?

I wonder if the ACC will take the Big East slots for the ACC tournament? Can't imagine that ESPN would televise the finals of either of these conferences on Saturday night on ESPN. Maybe ESPN2? Would the catholics move their tournament to play on Sunday afternoon, and effective swap spots with the ACC? I have to believe the ACC will get the best coverage ESPN has to offer here.

Get used to it... we get another one of these screwjobs next weekend too ... Saturday @ Pitt, Monday vs. Notre Dame. At least next time it will be a Noon -> 7pm turnaround.

Get used to it... we get another one of these screwjobs next weekend too ... Saturday @ Pitt, Monday vs. Notre Dame. At least next time it will be a Noon -> 7pm turnaround.

This one was the worst of the bunch; next weekend's not as bad. Worse will be the end of February. Saturday at 4:00 p.m. against Georgetown, fly to Milwaukee for Big Monday at 7:00 p.m.

We'll be fortunate to come out of that one with two wins - football games aren't customarily played that close together.

I'm a big believer in referring to everything with which I disagree as being "stupid." It's so beautiful in its simplicity. My kids would tell you the ten most common words I use are: the, I, is, you, me, in, are, stupid, moron, and idiot.

Number of Saturday games with a Monday follower (per team):

su 3
ru 2
pitt 2
uc 4
sju 1
nova 2
usf 2
uL 2
shu 3
dp 0
prov 0
gtown 2
nd 4
marq 3
uconn 1

Actually two more...the forementioned Ptt/ND series and 23 Feb/Georgetown (Dome) and 25 Feb/Marquette (at Marq)...

Pac-12 plays almost exclusively on Thursdays/Saturdays.

The nerve.

Doesn't Duke do some Sunday/Monday turnarounds? I thought they had in previous years.

Number of Saturday games with a Monday follower (per team):

su 3
ru 2
pitt 2
uc 4
sju 1
nova 2
usf 2
uL 2
shu 3
dp 0
prov 0
gtown 2
nd 4
marq 3
uconn 1

And just for fun, this is the second year in a row Providence has not played on a Monday following a Saturday game. They did it once during the 10-11 season...lost both games and probably asked that they never be scheduled again for those types of games.

And just for fun, this is the second year in a row Providence has not played on a Monday following a Saturday game. They did it once during the 10-11 season...lost both games and probably asked that they never be scheduled again for those types of games.
Clearly just a coincidence ... no reason why Providence would get any favoritism from the Big East administration... :rolleyes:

Then again, what TV station gives a damn about any Providence games.

Some turnarounds are more difficult than others (those involving a Midwestern roadtrip and a weird Monday afternoon game kind of stink), but it's not like this is a new phenomenon - the Big East has only been playing Saturday/Big Monday games forever.

1989, for instance, saw Syracuse face the Saturday/Monday turnaround five times. Aside from the bizarre game time yesterday, there's not much to complain about this year.

I'm a big believer in referring to everything with which I disagree as being "stupid." It's so beautiful in its simplicity. My kids would tell you the ten most common words I use are: the, I, is, you, me, in, are, stupid, moron, and idiot.
Of the 34 words above, your post included the following, not including your examples -

the: 1
I: 3
is: 1 (contracted)
you: 1
me: 0
in: 2
are: 1
stupid: 1
moron: 0, but implied
idiot, 0, also implied

Pac-12 plays almost exclusively on Thursdays/Saturdays.

The nerve.

Might also help explain why the conference consistently gets the least amount of NCAA bids as well. ;)

Cheers,
Neil