JB Ethered Dion in the post game presser | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB Ethered Dion in the post game presser

Plus JB's snarky response was more about making fun of a stupid question than anything else. The idea that some little pep-talk on the sideline is going to give Dion Waiters that little shot of confidence that he's been lacking.

This is not smart of JB. Dion is liable to either lose confidence or fly off the handle.

Dion lose confidence?? Are you kidding? Dion is exactly the type of personality that you challenge publicly. He'll give 150% next game trying to answer the challenge.

He better start listening because in the NBA it's a job and business. If he can't handle it, he'll be gone in a heartbeat. Dion's are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

He better start listening because in the NBA it's a job and business. If he can't handle it, he'll be gone in a heartbeat. Dion's are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

Like I said, I hope that Waiters is still going to class because he is not getting drafted at this rate, this year. I just hope he isn't cashing in his chips

I was expecting him to reprise "dead guys could get more rebounds".

Shooting was bad too, a lot of wide open missed 3s.

It happens, and we still won (or tied). Great sign, that's a tough team to play without Fab. Hopefully we'll see Fab back soon.

He'll give 150% next game trying to answer the challenge.

I was certain of the same thing after his dreadful offensive performances last weekend. Instead he responded with more forces and boneheaded decisions than he's made since the Florida game.

His defense has good, but on and off the court, Dion giving the impression that he's checking out as a Syracuse basketball player.

I think Melo is the key to Dion's success. Melo opens up the paint for Dion, where he does most of his damage.

I think Melo is the key to Dion's success. Melo opens up the paint for Dion, where he does most of his damage.

Meh, Dion had some bad play when Fab was in the line-up. And Fab's absence sure didn't compel Dion to hoist up all manner of wild forces and choose to flip up floaters instead of making strong lay-up attempts. Nor did it cause Dion to get the ball on a 2-on-1 break, drive until he and the defender were directly on Scoop, charge into him, and fire a pass at Scoop from four feet away to a place where Scoop had no angle for a basket.

Fab's absence isn't making it easier on anyone, but Dion's struggles with decision-making aren't new.

Gotta be careful not to lose the kid and have him check out mentally... we are going to need Neon Dion. Here is where he either steps up or steps out.

JB's style is the same as ever- he praises and he complains. Nothing new. Dion heard it all last year. Why would he check out now? He knows he played poorly. He knows he's shot poorly. Why tell him otherwise. He can take it. They all can. What's JB supposed to do, tell him he played well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom