JB & Feinstein From Junior's Radio Show This Morning | Syracusefan.com

JB & Feinstein From Junior's Radio Show This Morning

I'm getting the impression that the ennis's didn't actually consult with JB before their decision. boeheim clearly doesn't think he is ready, and it's not clear that the scouts are either, in fact his reviews seem pretty mixed. the post-standard article one day said that the ennis's would meet with JB and make a decision, but then their decision was made the next day without a report they actually met with him. their decision was made less than one week after we got bounced by Dayton, in what I thought was one of tyler's worse or at least not best performances, which indicates to me that their decision was made long before the end of the season. it makes me wonder if that had an effect on the team chemistry. as the season progressed, JB gave the keys to the car to ennis, and he drove the car off a cliff.

I'm getting the impression that the ennis's didn't actually consult with JB before their decision. boeheim clearly doesn't think he is ready, and it's not clear that the scouts are either, in fact his reviews seem pretty mixed. the post-standard article one day said that the ennis's would meet with JB and make a decision, but then their decision was made the next day without a report they actually met with him. their decision was made less than one week after we got bounced by Dayton, in what I thought was one of tyler's worse or at least not best performances, which indicates to me that their decision was made long before the end of the season. it makes me wonder if that had an effect on the team chemistry. as the season progressed, JB gave the keys to the car to ennis, and he drove the car off a cliff.

I don't know about the last sentence, but I agree with the rest of your post.

Ennis's father had suggested earlier in the season that they'd planned on him being here for two years. Reading between the lines, the plan seemed to have been to come to SU this year, start, spend another offseason working on his game / body, and then as a second year player get to the point where he'd play his way into lottery--at which time he'd make the jump.

Well, as the season went on, Ennis got projected universally in the lottery. So I think the family took stock and figured that they'd already attained the "goal" in terms of draft position. Granted, there's some variation in where he's projected--could go #5, could go #15--but he's in the lottery in the very range they thought he'd be after his second year.

So I agree that while the family's plan might have been for him to be here two years, that they quickly made up their minds to head to the next level after one. And I think it is easy to infer [again, between the lines] that Boeheim thinks that Ennis would have benefitted from that second year.

Oh well. Would have preferred to have him back, but you can't fault a kid for believing in himself.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom