JB for COY, an SU player for POY? | Syracusefan.com

JB for COY, an SU player for POY?

Coach of the year is tough, when SU matches pre-season predictions, but JT3, Buzz Williams & Stan Heath all outperform. Maybe JB gets the national award?

POY -- have to go with Marquette's guy.

Best frosh -- serious talent in Drummond, Porter, Collins, the two St John's stars. Our frosh won't be in the conversation at all.

If we'd beat ND, JB would probably have a lock on most coach of the year awards.

Coach of the year is tough, when SU matches pre-season predictions, but JT3, Buzz Williams & Stan Heath all outperform. Maybe JB gets the national award?

POY -- have to go with Marquette's guy.

Best frosh -- serious talent in Drummond, Porter, Collins, the two St John's stars. Our frosh won't be in the conversation at all.
Really impressed with Porter and Collins.

Drummond just does not deserve it based on the effort he puts forth. Heck of a player, but I think they should reward someone who appears to actually care about what is going on on the court.

His last line says it all:

My pick: Boeheim. The name of the game is winning and no one in the league has done that better this year than the Syracuse coach.

If we'd beat ND, JB would probably have a lock on most coach of the year awards.
Should have the national award even with that one loss (when Melo was out) if we finish with a win on Saturday. Don't think Calipari has many fans. Most of the others in the top 10 have a recent loss or two, at full strength (Mich State). Duke-NC likely to split.

His last line says it all:

My pick: Boeheim. The name of the game is winning and no one in the league has done that better this year than the Syracuse coach.

doneil.jpg

Thank you ALL4SU!

JB should be COY but my guess is they won't give it to him. Too much politics at play (scandal, leaving the conference, etc). I hope they give it to Heath. What Dunlop did at STJ is amazing. Look at that roster and they have 1 less conference win than UConn...it's mind blowing.

I'd vote Kevin Jones over Johnson-Odom for POY. I'd probably give it to DJO, but for his suspension. It rubs me wrong that a guy goes out and does something of the rule breaking variety that puts his team's season in jeopardy. To me that is not someone who is POY material.

...and did Dana O'Neil take the month of Frebruary off from reporting on college basketball? How does she still mention Dion as Syracuse's best POY candidate. He's not Syracuse POY/MVP/MOP, he certainly isn't the Big East's.

Coach of the Year is easily Boeheim. Not even close. If Mike Brey wins it again, I'll start a petition to have SU leave the Big East.

:mad:
I'd vote Kevin Jones over Johnson-Odom for POY. I'd probably give it to DJO, but for his suspension. It rubs me wrong that a guy goes out and does something of the rule breaking variety that puts his team's season in jeopardy. To me that is not someone who is POY material.

...and did Dana O'Neil take the month of Frebruary off from reporting on college basketball? How does she still mention Dion as Syracuse's best POY candidate. He's not Syracuse POY/MVP/MOP, he certainly isn't the Big East's.

Coach of the Year is easily Boeheim. Not even close. If Mike Brey wins it again, I'll start a petition to have SU leave the Big East.
Agree on Dion, after Fab left the lineup, Dion hasn't returned to form.:mad:

Lol on leaving the Big East:D

I think its fair to add MCW could be in contention for Rookie of the year hes just playing behind to much seniority.

Is ND's Grant a freshmen this year. Hes a pretty good player.

I think its fair to add MCW could be in contention for Rookie of the year hes just playing behind to much seniority.

Is ND's Grant a freshmen this year. Hes a pretty good player.
Grant is a RF -- definitely a good player. WVa plays a couple of frosh guards but that might be why they are struggling.
Impossible to know how good MCW or Rak might be on a team that needed their contributions. Their day comes next season.

My choices
BE COY-Mike Brey
BE POY- Kevin Jones
BE 6th man of the year- C.J. Fair
BE most improved- Jae Crowder
BE DOY- Fab Melo