JB/Hamilton | Syracusefan.com

JB/Hamilton

From the handshake it looked like JB's problem was with one of the assistants. Hamilton cooled the situation quickly, good for him.

As to the court storm, I just don't care about those anymore. It's the new doing the wave.

pistols at half court !

Gopnik-Hamilton-Progressive-Heroism-1200.jpg

They were laughing when they showed them chatting pregame. It's probably nothing

After the Wake game win was sealed, instead of celebrating JB was angry about a ball Gillon deflected.
After the FSU game win was sealed, instead of celebrating JB was worried about a handshake line, when a postgame handshake of his has never lasted more than a half second.

James Arthur Boeheim: inventing reasons to be annoyed since 1976.

After the Wake game win was sealed, instead of celebrating JB was angry about a ball Gillon deflected.
After the FSU game win was sealed, instead of celebrating JB was worried about a handshake line, when a postgame handshake of his has never lasted more than a half second.

After a win like that,these are your comments? Are you for real?

New wave fan game: Inventing reasons to make an issue of something JB said or did every game.

It was odd that Hamilton sent over an assistant over to Boeheim during the game. He ran down the sideline as if he was going to check in the game. Then he said something to JB during live play. I would be annoyed too. I think Cusehouse might be right.

A post-game dust-up between Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim and Florida State's Leonard Hamilton was apparently a disagreement over Hamilton's decision to pull his players from the handshake line.

Hamilton made the decision to have his players head straight to the locker room rather than walk through the post-game handshake line with several seconds remaining in the game. Hamilton was concerned for his players' safety as it became obvious that the Syracuse students were going to storm the court after the Orange's 82-72 win over the 6th-ranked Seminoles on Saturday. Hamilton sent an assistant coach down the sideline to tell Boeheim, according to a person seated at the scorer's table.

Boeheim felt the move was unnecessary and let Hamilton know about it.

Another reason court-storming is stupid...unless you've just won the national championship or beaten your arch rival.
Hamilton had to protect his players.
It makes us look like we don't expect to beat good teams.
Really sad.

And by court-storming standards that was a miserably weak, embarrassing storm.

I LOVED the court storm! But then, I would. My daughter has been coming to the games for 8 years and she has never seen one. We are down down down this year and this win was absolutely fantastic for our team and fans! The Dome was electric today! I am exhausted but in a very good way.

he also told JB he was sorry 2-3 times when they were shaking

I really don't think he should have to apologize for trying to protect his players. Yes the odds of something happening are very low and Syracuse student fans aren't exactly the most militant. The storming was kinda dumb but to each their own just having fun (I agree the "overrated" chant to start a second half I've never even heard of and was way stupider)

Rushing the court: One man's sobering story

Stuff does happen even if rare... no reason for JB to get upset or Hamilton to apologize for being safe.

Hey students, we were in the Final Four last year and as a bball program are magnitudes better than FSU. How about you act like we've been there before.

They don't know any better. To them it's a chance to say they did something cool. It's up to Otto's Army to determine a proper protocol for court storming. There should be The Ten Commandments of Court Storming, with number one being "anytime you beat Georgetown."