JB Has Lost This Team..... | Syracusefan.com

JB Has Lost This Team.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
That was about the most pathetic effort I have ever seen by a Cuse team & one put forth against an arch-rival. Our most hated enemy has simply humiliated us.

Take away MCW's 8 for 13 & the team shot about 20%. Only other player who showed any heart was Rak.

The seniors have become clueless. As another poster said, I have never seen a player as lost as Brandon is right now. Same for James. It is not just shot's not falling, it is as if they simply do not understand the game. Neither one knows how to adjust when the going gets tough. James had a nice adjustment against DePaul with his shot off- where was that today or can he only do it against pansy foes.

As for JB, he had a nice start of game plan to take Porter out of the game, but there was no adjustment once it became obvious that their guards were eating oranges for breakfast. On offense, there was no clue on how to attack the GTown zone & man was that zone effective. Forget the usual M v Z arguments and the substitution pattern arguments, the big knock on JB this season is the lack of player development. CJ is the only player (today notwithstanding) who has inarguably improved as the season has progressed. In the last ten games we have not only seen a lack of player development, but major regression from mid-season form by Brandon, James, and Jerami. How is it possible that this could happen, especially with two of the three being seniors ??? I have made many posts about how Jimmy has totally stifled DC2 this year. The rest are simply stuck in the mud. MCW showed some heart today, but we should be past the point of seeing him lose the ball in a one on one mid-court situation to another guard. He needs to visit Fagan and learn about pickpocketing, and how to prevent it.

I for one, simply do not see much hope for this group. It is hard to envision much more than a first round victory in either the BET or the Dance. I won't give up & I will hold my breath, but the level to which the futility has risen makes this squad painful to watch.

Like Jimmy says, "It all looks easy when the shots are falling." Too bad he can't teach them to shoot better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom