JB needs to tell Lydon | Syracusefan.com

JB needs to tell Lydon

Did he go scoreless the whole ot? Felt like he didnt score in 8-12 minutes of actual gametime

Lydon is playing every minute of every game. That is showing in his legs at end of game. He was flat footed several times while #10 batted the rebound around for Louisville. I think Lydon was gassed tonite. (along with Gillon and White)

Lydon is playing every minute of every game. That is showing in his legs at end of game. He was flat footed several times while #10 batted the rebound around for Louisville. I think Lydon was gassed tonite. (along with Gillon and White)
2ud game in 3 days. they way they fought back, with tired legs at the end of regulation should be appreciated. But that would be too nuanced for this board.

It would help if we could throw the ball in the post. He's not a guard.
Boom, that's right. He had position several times and the guards had no clue how to get it to him. If the all went in to Lyndon, the defense would have to double team and then we have offense, what is so hard about that?

Lydon was open several times down low and called for the ball. Gillon doesn't even look. I'm more upset about Lydon seemingly losing his focus at points in the game than not calling for the ball.

Lydon was open several times down low and called for the ball. Gillon doesn't even look. I'm more upset about Lydon seemingly losing his focus at points in the game than not calling for the ball.

Gillon looks, he just can't get it past anyone - he has the same issue as with shooting threes. I don't think he feels he can make the pass past lengthy defenders for whatever reason. I remember one where Lydon had his dude pinned, Gillon looked like 3 times, I really think he just can't figure out how to deliver the ball.

That being said, Lydon missed a huge bunny in OT, and that god-awful turnover with 90 seconds to go after his rebound didn't help. UL was just too long, they were tapping boards away from him all day.

Overall, he's just passive. White wants the ball and the shot - so he gets it. Lydon, he'll take the ball if you give it to him, but he ain't coming for it and making you give it to him. If JB feels like he needs more shots, or should have more, he'd get more. Apparently that ain't the case.

Gillon looks, he just can't get it past anyone - he has the same issue as with shooting threes. I don't think he feels he can make the pass past lengthy defenders for whatever reason. I remember one where Lydon had his dude pinned, Gillon looked like 3 times, I really think he just can't figure out how to deliver the ball.

That being said, Lydon missed a huge bunny in OT, and that god-awful turnover with 90 seconds to go after his rebound didn't help. UL was just too long, they were tapping boards away from him all day.

Overall, he's just passive. White wants the ball and the shot - so he gets it. Lydon, he'll take the ball if you give it to him, but he ain't coming for it and making you give it to him. If JB feels like he needs more shots, or should have more, he'd get more. Apparently that ain't the case.
Gillon's inability to get the ball to players that play above the rim in space is a major flaw in our offense. Gillon's been a great pick up, but I don't see us succeeding in the post season if we can't take advantage of our athleticism down low.

Its amazing in general how bad SU guards are at feeding the post. We recruit big guards and they still can't get the ball to the bigs. Only one successful tonight at feeding Lydon inside was Robey. Lord knows TT wouldn't ever make that pass. Or really any pass.

Its amazing in general how bad SU guards are at feeding the post. We recruit big guards and they still can't get the ball to the bigs. Only one successful tonight at feeding Lydon inside was Robey. Lord knows TT wouldn't ever make that pass. Or really any pass.

TT has made that pass this year and he's good at it. He's just better at scoring. It's on the guards who just don't pass him the ball when we need to pass him the ball.

Gillion was just too tired to have a full vision of the whole court. JB needs to feed him the pickle juice like they did to Michael Gbinije last year so he can last 40 minutes like MG.

It's not just been Gillon who hasn't been getting Lydon the ball. Lydon often seems to have his man pinned but whomever has the ball seems unable or unwilling to get it to him. It's been the case much of the season, and many sweaty paws other than Gillon's have been on the ball as it happened. Maybe it's him the most currently, but this really seems to be systemic to me.

So yeah, JB needs to be telling something, but basically to everyone but Lydon.

That said, what's the deal with Lydon's passing lately? Has one of our guards injured his vision as well?

Lydon scored three points total in the second half and overtime. The corner three. He should be fined everytime he fakes a shot. It's all he does. He's one of the most frustrating, good players we've ever had. He's too unselfish.

Lydon scored three points total in the second half and overtime. The corner three. He should be fined everytime he fakes a shot. It's all he does. He's one of the most frustrating, good players we've ever had. He's too unselfish.

Speaking of all these fakes, what ticks me off is how they are wasted. Lydon and others often get their men in the air and then out of position, and then do nothing with it. I have a feeling this is systemic, and the finger needs to be pointed at the coaching. I get what you and others are saying about Lydon's fakes, but the wasted ones from everyone bug me more than whatever number Lydon does overall. This team doesn't seem to take advantage of getting defenders out of position they way they are capable of.

Everyone deserves a share of blame for Lydon only averaging 13 ppg. The coaches, the guards, and yes Lydon.

He's as talented a natural scorer as anyone from this program since 2003. Unfortunately he doesn't have the same assassin mentality as many who have been more successful since that time.

It's a travesty Lydon is only 25th in the ACC in scoring and it's a huge reason why this team is 16-11 with diminishing Tourney hopes.

TT always makes that pass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom