JB on Keita, other things | Syracusefan.com

JB on Keita, other things

hopefully the "think" and "might" and "soon" are just vague, cards-close-to-the-chest coach speak cuz we need BMK back this week

If Keita comes back, losing him for these games will have been fantastic for team development. Forcing role players to learn and expect to make plays is the absolute best development a team can have during the year.

Rak will be the main beneficiary without question. If Keita was playing this weekend, would Rak have been in position to win a game for us? Now he has legitimately won a game for this team, something he had never done before. As long as Keita comes back, this team will certainly be stronger for having to fight without him.

We thought (hoped) that it would be Roberson, but it turns out Roc is benefiting from BMK's absence the way Grant benefited from Dirty's last year.

We thought (hoped) that it would be Roberson, but it turns out Roc is benefiting from BMK's absence the way Grant benefited from Dirty's last year.
I'm good with that. I was thrilled for the kid on Saturday. This is what we have hoped for from Roc since he signed his LOI.

I like Roberson and think he can be a factor for us next year. But I'm so glad that it's Rak the one that has benefited from BMK being out so far. Rak can take us to a whole different level if he keeps this up; Roberson would have been the 8th guy who maybe would have contributed 8-10mpg if he played well. It's not even close who was more important right now.

Roc is such a likeable kid...actually all these kids are likeable. I had a coworker tell tell me (not a Cuse fan) he finds Cuse easy to like this year and he is a B12 fanboy.

Last edited:
If Keita comes back, losing him for these games will have been fantastic for team development. Forcing role players to learn and expect to make plays is the absolute best development a team can have during the year.

Rak will be the main beneficiary without question. If Keita was playing this weekend, would Rak have been in position to win a game for us? Now he has legitimately won a game for this team, something he had never done before. As long as Keita comes back, this team will certainly be stronger for having to fight without him.

Not sure if I agree with this.

imo Rak was perfectly capable of all he showed Saturday, and would have done so sooner, if he was just given the chance.

I could understand JB's quick hook prior years, but this season he has been solid the whole year. I still think BMK will get far too many minutes once he returns. Nothing against BMK he far exceeds his skill level, however Rak has a much higher ceiling that he is starting to play at consistently.

Not sure if I agree with this.

imo Rak was perfectly capable of all he showed Saturday, and would have done so sooner, if he was just given the chance.

I could understand JB's quick hook prior years, but this season he has been solid the whole year. I still think BMK will get far too